Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best CAI out there right now for these? I see steeda makes a dual filter one, and I like their airbox set up since it seals against the hood and all. But I have seen some people saying that the kit is not as good as it seems it would be.

If that is the case, which cold air intake are you guys recommending? Does anyone have any dyno numbers to back up their findings?

·
Registered
296 Posts
We are so getting the shaft. If I would of just bought a mustang it could have been Christmas everyday!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So what's everyone's actual opinion on the steeda then since that's the only one so far? I love the look of it, except that restriction from the snorkel to the box (that is ridiculous). Anybody running one and noticing any gains? Kind of thinking maybe I should play around with making my own since the steeda is just a fancier looking box but still uses the stock intake tubes from the filters to the turbos.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
So what's everyone's actual opinion on the steeda then since that's the only one so far? I love the look of it, except that restriction from the snorkel to the box (that is ridiculous). Anybody running one and noticing any gains? Kind of thinking maybe I should play around with making my own since the steeda is just a fancier looking box but still uses the stock intake tubes from the filters to the turbos.
Keep an eye on this thread http://www.fusionsportforums.com/fo...8-oreo-fusion-sport-dyno-dynamics-dyno-4.html since oreo was on the dyno stock and he is going to make another dyno run with the steeda cai which will give us an idea on the gains.

·
Registered
481 Posts
the fact they arent showing dyno gains leads me to believe the gains are very very small

Reactions: DaMiFo

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Dynos can be manipulated and HP ratings from aftermarket companies are usually inflated.
The roush intake for the 2.7 F150 picked up 25HP so I think we'll see some gains especially in the higher RPMs.

·
Registered
80 Posts
CAI on turbo cars normally don't make much as the car makes its own atmosphere. Its programmed for x amount of boost, it can help with spool up speed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts