Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Im all about positive and negative reviews on this car but this has to be the most biased review I ever saw. Its as if BMW or the reviewer favored the BMW. The 0-60 was laughable, and the track portion seemed off too. I'm usually a fan of the TFL reviews but this one was a little far fetched IMO

·
Registered
293 Posts
Ya.... i watched it... i just feel like they had expected the outcome, And therefore made the outcome worse. Looking at other reviews, the bmw should win! Its abiut on par with a tuned sport. And launchinf these fusiona is delicate for sure. Sooo if they didnt try and figure it out they wouldnt have. And the paddle shifters do kinda suck, the trans shifts slow throttle response is delayed and inconsistant....

****.... i just confirmed thier review

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Okay, thought it was sort of pointless. For the 3 seconds that it was slower than the BMW, you spend an extra $20K? Why? You don't drive the car on a race track.

I look at it this way, it is nice to dream that the FUSPO is a competitor for the Euro Sport sedans, it can hold it's own against some of them but it is really taking aim at the Asian market(Honda, Kia, Hyundai, Toyota, Nissan, Mazda) none of those offer AWD as far as I know with a motor that large.

I myself ask this......If I added a tune to the FUSPO, put on lighter wheels and swapped out the stock muffler and resonator, added a front chassis brace, how much closer to that BMW does that bring the FUSPO? I could do that for about $2500 by my estimation.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It would be better if they launched it with no brake boost, it is known issue that FuSpo allows only about the second before cutting off the power which is what happened here. You have to be an idiot to run more than 6 seconds 0-60 in FuSpo, regardless of tires, weather etc.

Track portion I think is fair...3 seconds behind 340i X-drive is not that bad, of course considering these guys/drivers gave their best in both cases.

Anyway, just to be compared to hottest 3-series sedan is an achievement to Ford.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think the driver really pushed the Sport like he did the BMW though. You can see how the BMW was hoping around on the turns and what not and the Fusion was not. Granted we all know the BMW is the faster car, no doubt about it, BUT I don't think the fusion is THAT slow. Also notice the car was NOT in sport mode during the 0-60 test

·
Registered
67 Posts
BMW and Audi cars are significantly under rated from the factory with their horsepower ratings. So there's that. Plus why not compare the 2016 BMW 328i to the sport? At least the price is a little closer, even those are $55k with options.

0-60
328i: 5.2 seconds
Fusion sport: 5.1 seconds

·
Registered
333 Posts
I didn't bother to view the video, but just the fact that they compared it to the BMW is kudos to the Ford, regardless of the outcome. IMO, they're comparing apples and oranges, mainly due to the price difference. The obvious completion for the Fusion is the Accord, Camry, Malibu, Chrysler 200, Altima, etc., not any of those pricier Euro sedans. I bought my Fusion Sport because out of its direct competition, it was the only one with the combination of AWD, hp/torque, and an American badge. I have the Unleashed 93 octane tune, and it has a Jekyl and Hyde personality now. Easy on the go fast pedal, and it's a fairly normal, leisurely car to drive. But mash it down, and Mr Hyde comes out and totally transforms the car. This one's going to be a keeper...

·
Registered
491 Posts
They did not even drive it in sport mode... The driver was the only reason for the difference in time on both the 0-60 and the track. Put a tuned FS against that same BMW, with a real driver, and I would bet the FS wins on both tests.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just left a comment. Lame review. I get it that the FS might not beat the BMW but it should give it a good run. They set the FS to fail from the get go and it just shows what tools they really are.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Dude, could you find two more of the most condescending douchenozzels for a comparison test? That was unwatchable!

·
Registered
18 Posts
The fact that he did not even have it in sport mode for the launch really hurts their credibility now honestly. I really have to wonder what other cars are they not taking the 2 minutes to look into before testing?

·
Registered
624 Posts
I made a bit of a nasty comment on (I think it was the YouTube channel). The author didn't like it much and attacked me for not knowing what I was talking about. Said their test results were so different than others just due to altitude. Claimed they tested in all modes with and without TC as well. I asked why altitude didn't affect the BMW much if at all.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was one of the people in the Youtube comments bashing the review and defending our cars. This review was a sham. I know if I did car reviews for a living I would at least learn about the vehicle before I drove it. It was obvious these guys didn't do enough homework beforehand.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I don't think the driver really pushed the Sport like he did the BMW though. You can see how the BMW was hoping around on the turns and what not and the Fusion was not. Granted we all know the BMW is the faster car, no doubt about it, BUT I don't think the fusion is THAT slow. Also notice the car was NOT in sport mode during the 0-60 test

You can also see that he had it in sport mode just a few seconds before too! 100% correct in that they were setting it up to fail. Who knows maybe the did run a 0-60 correctly and decided to edit it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts