Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't quite sure where to post this one so I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place for it.

On my way home from work this afternoon I had a driver in front of me who was braking erratically like she was trying to brake check me or something. I honked the horn so she would lay off and or get out of the way and the horn got stuck. I pulled into a nearby condo complex and shut the car off and it stopped for a second, but started right back up. I ended up shutting it down and starting it back up 3 or 4 times until it stopped. I have never had something like this happen. I don't think I hit the horn overly hard and didn't lay on it or anything. Should I have the dealer check into it or just let it go and see if it happens again?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Mine has never stuck but I do find that I have to press harder than any other car I've ever owned, to the point where I often miss the moment where the horn would have had the desired effect.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine has never stuck but I do find that I have to press harder than any other car I've ever owned, to the point where I often miss the moment where the horn would have had the desired effect.
I found the same thing. Like when I'm driving past a friend or relatives house and wanting to give a quick honk, but I have to hit it harder than I would have in my 2009 Fusion to get it to honk.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Same here by the time I get it to sound the moment is over.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Normally I'm a real @$$#013 when it comes to blowing my horn, but in this car its way too stiff. I've gotten very used to just bopping the ford logo on the steering wheel with the heel of my hand in my last two cars, however the horn switch seems to sit lower in the pad and is too stiff in the FuSpo. Considering how hard you have to push, I wouldn't be surprised if the switch was damaged from even one use...

Also, for the future, I'd recommend finding and memorizing the fuse for the horn, just in case.

Reactions: Magnetic

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had avoided the horn since it got stuck Tuesday afternoon, but tried it this morning. It doesn't work anymore when you press on the center of the steering wheel. It will still honk if you press the lock button on the fob twice, but thats it.

I needed the horn a couple times on the way home today because it was raining here and people seem to forget how to drive even more when it is raining. It's so frustrating to press the center of the steering wheel for the horn and get nothing.

I guess I need to get it in to the dealer now. Could it be something as simple as a blown fuse or is the the switch inside the center of the steering wheel?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I would assume that it's in the steering wheel since you say the fob honk still works.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would assume that it's in the steering wheel since you say the fob honk still works.
I have it scheduled to go in to the dealer to be looked at Tuesday morning.

It's kinda scary driving without a working horn at times due to all the drivers not really paying attention to whats going on around them.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
So reading all of this, I am not sure what to say. My horn doesn't have any issues. It might need a little more pressure but the horn blew easily and stopped when I let off.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It turned out to be a faulty contact in the horn switch inside the center of the steering wheel. Apparently it is all one piece with the airbag so I'm waiting for that part to come in. I asked them to put it back together so I could drive the car until the part comes in sometime tomorrow.

They temporarily fixed it so the horn works now, but the service adviser told me it could become stuck again at any time so use it gently and sparingly. At least I familiarized myself with the fuse location if it should ever get stuck again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts