1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Go with the Redline

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
I have the Steeda's and they were easy to install and have had zero issues.

·
Registered
30 Posts
+1 on the Steedas with no issues.

Tho, I think the Redlines would be a little easier to install since you don't have to unbolt the hood from the hinge like with the Steedas. But, the Redlines are slightly more in the way of accessing the back of the engine bay in comparison. Not enough to matter, but just an observation.

So... go with your gut?

·
Registered
987 Posts
I've installed Redlines and they are stupid easy to install and never in the way . steeda is way more work.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Here are my Steeda, installed

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ease if install isn't as big of a deal to me... I was looking more at how much room you have and if they block access to anything. I really don't like the post holding the hood up and having to work around it for simple things. Everytime I add windshield washer fluid I complain to my self.
Also, there they attach on the vehicle was a concern. The hood is heavy and wasn't sure if that weight on new stress points made one kit better then the other.
The RedLine have a 5 year warranty.
Not sure about Steeda. Didn't notice it when I looked at it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've run Redline hood struts on many cars going back 15+ years, the quality is top-notch.

Full disclosure: I'm friends with the owners of the company. But they are very contentious and detail-oriented guys.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I never sprung for the stainless Redline struts and just went with the black ones ($100 or less) without any problems. Super duper easy to install and never have to mess with the hood hinge.

Most of the struts used in the auto/truck industry are made by Stabilus, not sure if Redline sources out their own struts and just makes the mounting systems. I had one application with a ballistic door panel (glass and steel, defeats .50 cal) that used a Stabilus strut, and it weighed probably 150 to 200 lb.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is a RedLine 30 minutes from my house. Can't really drive there right now, but I like the idea if I had a problem I can go to a store and ask about it. Haven't bought anything yet, but unless I see anything in the next week about a better option, I plan to get them.

·
Registered
224 Posts
+1 for Steeda struts. Install was a piece of cake (took me about 15 minutes of pissing with the alignment to get the hood perfect) but they look good and work as advertised

·
Registered
987 Posts
Someone on this forum really messed up their hood after installing the Steeda struts. The Redlines are just fool proof to install.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts