Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

201 - 220 of 291 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
With LMS, their “stock” tune as loaded and labeled on my tuner is not FORD stock. I have to get a file from LMS with my Ford stock tune if I want or need to go back to square one.
Do you have the newer color LCD tuner or the older one with the gray LCD display? I heard on the newer color LCDs the tuner device has more storage but on the older ones there's definitely not enough to store the full original stock tune. I don't know that either one stores the full tune, just saying that from what I read the older one physically doesn't have enough storage to do it.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Yes, I have the old version.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Yes, I have the old version.
Hey @Shawnski I should also let you know, then, that Livernois has mentioned that the older tuner isn't supported any more either. I'm not sure what that means as far as ongoing tune updates but from what I understand, switching to another car from this point forward is a no-go on those old units because they won't reprogram them for the new strategy. None of that probably matters unless you're looking for tune revisions, or to sell your old tuner or something like that, but I'm just letting you know what I heard. I did hear they might do a break on a new one though if you send in your old one.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Funny you should mention that! When I switched to Unleashed/SCT I wanted to transfer my LMS tuner to my son who was looking at a low mileage 2017 FFS. I was hoping to get it updated to his new VIN and help him save a bunch of money!
It was not to be...
“”A comment has been added to your request:””
....””Thanks for using Livernois on the tuner do you have the touch screen style or the older 4 button style tuner? we can only transfer the touch screen tuner, If you do have the older version we are offering a $200.00 traderin credit off the retail price of the touch screen model, Let us know thanks””....
“”Thank you,
Livernois Motorsports Support””

Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yeah, I dont care for that. One of the advantages of doing your own tuning, I have my stock tune if I need to sort out any issues. Car sat since last night and I started it up about 5:45. missed a few times, but nothing too bad. I think my miss count was 9, which anything under 20 is considered normal by Ford's standards I guess. I,m gonna watch my coolant level, and see how it goes for the next couple weeks, then go from there as to what I,m gonna do with it.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
That is actually a good point , I had to get a special file from LMS to go back to stock as they lock the computer , when I switched to Unleashed the SCT device would not read my computer strategy due to computer being locked
What year is your car? Just wondering if you have the PCM flashed to the latest version. Our January and May 2017 builds have a PCM update. I updated my dad's May 2017 build with the latest and kept the original on my January 2017 build. Only thing I could see changed was the O2 heater tip table but HPTuners doesn't allow full access to every part of the PCM.

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
05-2018

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Can you check your PCM revision by any chance? KS7A-12A650-JC was the latest for the 2017. I kept my original (HS7A-14C204-BYA) while I updated my dad's PCM with this revision.

·
Registered
208 Posts
This was my next thought, looking to see if there were any PCM updates for mine since its a early 17 build.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
If you have access to the latest FORScan beta, there's a setting to update the firmware for the PCM but I think it is still being beta tested. It will at least show what you have and what's the latest. HPTuners didn't define all of the parameters for the KS7A-12A650-JC strategy so I think none of the tuned 2017s are running the latest PCM strategy.

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
I only have the Torque app

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
I just reached out to LMS for some advise on my problem , Dave at LMS seems to think its a torque management issue which would also cause shifting issues / hitting rev limiter ect

·
Registered
208 Posts
If you have access to the latest FORScan beta, there's a setting to update the firmware for the PCM but I think it is still being beta tested. It will at least show what you have and what's the latest. HPTuners didn't define all of the parameters for the KS7A-12A650-JC strategy so I think none of the tuned 2017s are running the latest PCM strategy.
That's interesting, I get in the shop with mine I,ll have to hook up the laptop at work see what gives. Old boss said I should just take it home and run a cylinder con test at start up, see which ones are missing. I may do that in the morning.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I just reached out to LMS for some advise on my problem , Dave at LMS seems to think its a torque management issue which would also cause shifting issues / hitting rev limiter ect
wish you were using HP, Metro and I could figure it out pretty easy looking at your tune and data logs.

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
I currently use Unleashed but old tune was LMS

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
Pcm pic
20201223_162759.jpg pcm .jpg

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
reset the KAM last night gonna reload the tune today and try again

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
That strategy looks like a 2017 file but newer than what I have. I was more surprised that they had an available 2019 strategy when I went to update my dad's PCM. I'm going to wait for HPTuners to see if they can define the missing parameters on the new strategy before updating mine and seeing if it resolves the misfires. I know Ford loves to use software updates to try and resolve the PCV oil issues. I think software may have some merit because there are settings in the strategy not accessible via SCT/HPTuners that controls stuff like variable cam timing, overlap, etc... that could theoretically be tuned to reduce the amount of oil vapor flow /etc... which could have an impact on misfires. Just a theory though.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Here's the different PCM updates available. I used FORScan because I am not paying for a FJDS license just yet. I'm rolling with the -BYA revision right now, and I believe that's what my dad's May 2017 build started with. I updated his PCM with the -JC (2019 strategy number) which is the latest available firmware update for this model PCM. I am not sure what the 2018 and 2019 Fusion Sports have available, those owners can run FORScan and see for themselves. If you're using Torque, I suspect you have an ELM327 OBD-2 adapter. Just download FORScan to a laptop and run it on your car, it's free and it's free to get an extended license to change settings. If you own a modern Ford and do your own work, FORScan + laptop is about as mandatory as a 3/8" drive ratchet.

Attachments

·
Registered
605 Posts
Here's the different PCM updates available. I used FORScan because I am not paying for a FJDS license just yet. I'm rolling with the -BYA revision right now, and I believe that's what my dad's May 2017 build started with. I updated his PCM with the -JC (2019 strategy number) which is the latest available firmware update for this model PCM. I am not sure what the 2018 and 2019 Fusion Sports have available, those owners can run FORScan and see for themselves. If you're using Torque, I suspect you have an ELM327 OBD-2 adapter. Just download FORScan to a laptop and run it on your car, it's free and it's free to get an extended license to change settings. If you own a modern Ford and do your own work, FORScan + laptop is about as mandatory as a 3/8" drive ratchet.
How long does it take to flash those PCM updates on usually? I have changed various settings with FORScan but I've never used the firmware update function (although I did download the version that can support that now).

201 - 220 of 291 Posts