Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
521 - 540 of 576 Posts

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #521 ·
I am very interested in your transmission setting as for me this is my biggest complaint with the car

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Sharing is caring.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Yes I'd like to know as well. I've made a number of tweaks based on the 6R80 tuning techniques (similar controls as the 6F55) and don't really have an issue with heating. One of the first things I do is eliminate steady state TC lockup slip as that is stupid. But reducing shift time would help the 1/4 ET. I ran 12.7 very early on (before all the parameters were defined) and with the weird 1-2/2-3/3-4 shifting that lost me a lot of time.

The trans fluid temperature is regulated to the engine coolant temperature due to the auxiliary water-to-oil cooler/heater on top of our 6F55, so it will never really be significantly colder than the ECT, unlike the Taurus/Explorer which uses a thermostatic bypass and just an air-to-oil cooler. Our air-to-oil cooler is there as well but from my own testing in the summer (90F-100F ambient) its just there to help reject additional heat, but TFT eventually rises to meet ECT or stay below it slightly when fully warmed up. In the winter, it is a different story. TFT and TCFT are usually much cooler.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Yes I'd like to know as well. I've made a number of tweaks based on the 6R80 tuning techniques (similar controls as the 6F55) and don't really have an issue with heating. One of the first things I do is eliminate steady state TC lockup slip as that is stupid. But reducing shift time would help the 1/4 ET. I ran 12.7 very early on (before all the parameters were defined) and with the weird 1-2/2-3/3-4 shifting that lost me a lot of time.

The trans fluid temperature is regulated to the engine coolant temperature due to the auxiliary water-to-oil cooler/heater on top of our 6F55, so it will never really be significantly colder than the ECT, unlike the Taurus/Explorer which uses a thermostatic bypass and just an air-to-oil cooler. Our air-to-oil cooler is there as well but from my own testing in the summer (90F-100F ambient) its just there to help reject additional heat, but TFT eventually rises to meet ECT or stay below it slightly when fully warmed up. In the winter, it is a different story. TFT and TCFT are usually much cooler.
@metroplex - how the heck do you know so much about our cars? I think you mentioned in previous posts you worked on car lighting systems... Are you a Ford or Lincoln tech? Many people on the forum are super knowledgeable - and you are certainly one of them.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I can email my currant file or just post it on the board.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #526 ·
email please i will private message you

Reactions: Skipe

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I can email my currant file or just post it on the board.
Is that the same version I've got? If there's an update I'm interested. :)

·
Registered
706 Posts
It's a new and improved model, LOL.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've been trying to follow this all through the pages lol. Since upgrading to a UP FMIC and flashing Torrie's 93 tune for the intercooler, I've been experiencing misfires under WOT at higher RPMS (around 5k). At first it was a cylinder 2 and 6 misfire, and multiple cyl misfire detected. Car falls on it's face, CEL flashes a few times, than probably after about 10-15 seconds car is fine. It feels like it's just when I do a few DIG runs to the end of 4th is when I can get it to do that. I ordered a set of plugs that he recommended (Ford Performance) and gapped them to 0.028 and got a misfire P0306 code for cylinder 6 misfire still.

Everything is connected and tight, I do have a few weeks of gas left in the car still as I don't drive it as much - but you'd figure I'd see the same cylinder misfire behavior before the FMIC upgrade.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #530 ·
Sounds just like my car same issues , I have not been able to track it down decided to remove the tune over a month ago and I have not had any issues or misfires at all just not as fun to drive lol

·
Registered
107 Posts
Sounds just like my car same issues , I have not been able to track it down decided to remove the tune over a month ago and I have not had any issues or misfires at all just not as fun to drive lol
Would you think going to a 93 tune that probably doesn't have an FMIC adjustment do any harm to see if it's the tune?

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #532 ·
I tried my old LMS tune and my car did the same thing , yes I would try the other tune just to see if it makes any difference

·
Registered
107 Posts
I tried my old LMS tune and my car did the same thing , yes I would try the other tune just to see if it makes any difference
I'll try the 93 tune that doesn't take into account the new FMIC upgrade and give that a shot. Thanks!

·
Registered
645 Posts
I guess I have been lucky so far. I have the UP FMIC, new plugs, and Torrie's 93 Tune and I have had no issues.
I also have the 65mm TB, 170 T-Stat. I have been watching this thread since it started hoping someone was going to find an answer so I could head it off at the pass before it happens to me. Fingers Crossed.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I've been trying to follow this all through the pages lol. Since upgrading to a UP FMIC and flashing Torrie's 93 tune for the intercooler, I've been experiencing misfires under WOT at higher RPMS (around 5k). At first it was a cylinder 2 and 6 misfire, and multiple cyl misfire detected. Car falls on it's face, CEL flashes a few times, than probably after about 10-15 seconds car is fine. It feels like it's just when I do a few DIG runs to the end of 4th is when I can get it to do that. I ordered a set of plugs that he recommended (Ford Performance) and gapped them to 0.028 and got a misfire P0306 code for cylinder 6 misfire still.

Everything is connected and tight, I do have a few weeks of gas left in the car still as I don't drive it as much - but you'd figure I'd see the same cylinder misfire behavior before the FMIC upgrade.
Saw your post on Facebook. any chance you can just ask Torrie to give you the same tune as maydk65? "I'll have what he's having"

·
Registered
645 Posts
BTW, I am using the gas that a few have said to stay away from, Shell 93 Octane.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I was using Costco 93 last year when I had those misfires, switched plugs and it was better until it wasn't. Then I drilled the weep hole and all kinds of oil has been spitting out but has gradually decreased in quantity. I also ran Berryman B12 and an entire bottle of Marvel Mystery Oil in an attempt to try and clean stuff. The last few times I drove it and performed numerous WOT runs, I had 0 abnormal misfires or knocking. It was still on the same Costco 93 octane fuel from last fall, and I'm about ready to fill 'er up again. I noticed Meijer is now Top Tier. I think they are handing out Top Tier like candy.

During cold starts both my Explorer and Fusion Sport exhaust smell more like paint varnish than the typical E10 gas we get in Michigan. I thought it was the Marvel Mystery Oil and Berryman in the Fusion's tank being burned out but the Explorer is running just Costco 87 and now 93 octane. Curious if they ran out of some additives due to the global supply shortage of the day, or maybe the ethanol content is messed up.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Anyone using the cpe intercooler having this issue?

·
Registered
706 Posts
I have a TTR with a Garrett core, mine was missing in the morning cold for the first few minutes after your started it. clean it out with couple peddle taps, and it was good the rest of the day. Haven't had the issue since last year so I'm thinking it was more a tune problem.

·
Registered
107 Posts
BTW, I am using the gas that a few have said to stay away from, Shell 93 Octane.
I have been using Shell 93 recently for my last 2 fill ups and this tank has been sitting for a few weeks since I don't drive it that much. That's not my normal gas station I go to. I'm going to try and get my tank close to E and fill her up with gas from my usual station. I have no idea what else it could be at this point other than gas.

Saw your post on Facebook. any chance you can just ask Torrie to give you the same tune as maydk65? "I'll have what he's having"
Hmm, perhaps. I'm not sure what may's mods are but I have a filter filter, and FMIC.
I was using Costco 93 last year when I had those misfires, switched plugs and it was better until it wasn't. Then I drilled the weep hole and all kinds of oil has been spitting out but has gradually decreased in quantity.
How and why is this weep hole a thing? It goes on the passenger side end tank of the FMIC? Isn't boost going to leak out of there under WOT from that hole? Would an OCC tank help this?

521 - 540 of 576 Posts