Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

441 - 460 of 471 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
There ya go, and that's not even big numbers far as boost goes. I know a guy runs a Super Stock tractor, told me he sees around 250 lbs pulling hard, but that's a whole other animal too.

·
Registered
359 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
And then we have this small explosion, LOL. This was last year, dyno read 2900 HP when it let loose. This is by far one of the best pictures anyone has ever gotten as it happened.

·
Registered
359 Posts
With the MKZ 3.0 turbos, 22-23 lb would be pushing the turbine speeds way high for not a whole lot of air mass flow gain. The Explorer ST turbos are different, but it follows a similar trend.

BTW have any of you played around with injector timing? Based on some experimenting I found there is a correlation with the mode 6 misfire count and the timing settings. What's confusing is how Ford jumps between crank angles and other measurement methods. The injector timing tables allow for values between 180*-540* so I'm assuming that is crank angles due to the exhaust and intake strokes inside this window. Going lower in value resulted in a rougher idle with more misfires on cyl 4 and 6. Going higher in value seemed to smooth it out and reduce the misfires. I'm sure there's some room to play with this at the WOT region as well.
How much did you add to it ?

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I was experimenting with the low load / low RPM region to try and fix this idle misfire issue. I made it 330* for the normal temp table. I noticed that as soon as my ECT hit 170F, the RPM goes to 600 RPM and the idle starts to misfire. I also noticed the injection timing tables switchover at 170F as well.

I was just wondering if playing with it at the WOT region would help mitigate the misfires that others are experiencing.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I would say bumping it up at the higher RPM's would help with fueling, but it may cost you some millage. I,ve gone through the transient fuel table for acceleration and changed it a lot. It's one table that can make a difference with idle and tip in. If your getting misses at idle I would watch your STFT for both banks, that will give you a good idea of what's going on with fuel

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I was talking about MY27FUSION's misfiring - he might want to play around with injector timing in the WOT region. As for the idling, STFT is not the PID to look at as the STFT just shows the corrected fuel trim. LTFT is a better indicator of whether there's an issue or difference in fueling. But tweaking the timing at idle seems to have helped. I'll need to monitor it more closely to see if it sticks.

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #448
I do not get my HP Tuners until next month so now on a stock tune for about 2 weeks , I am trying to get a dyno appointment so I can do a before and after comparison , I want to see what the methanol does to the torque

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #449
Metro/skipe are you using the HP Tuners beta or stable version

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #451
are you consistently updating ?

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Not really. Only when they unlock some parameters I requested or from time to time. The Fusion Sport strategies should all be defined by now. What’s your strategy code again? I think it was a digit off from what everyone else for their 2017 and 2018.

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #453
ngxh1pt I think lol

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I can’t be 100% sure but the NGXHxxx should be good to go. I requested they add the parameters for NGXJxxx which is the latest PCM update. So far I haven’t come across anyone with a 2018 or 2019 with the -JC strategy.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I use the stable version, only because I had issues with the beta a few times locking up when I was trying to write, but that's only happened a few times like I said. What I do is go look at the beta and see if anything has been added, but so far the last time I looked it was the same as the stable version.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I use the stable version, only because I had issues with the beta a few times locking up when I was trying to write, but that's only happened a few times like I said. What I do is go look at the beta and see if anything has been added, but so far the last time I looked it was the same as the stable version.
Latest stable is 4.8.7.0 and the latest beta is 4.9.637.0 and there's like 10MB difference in the size. 4.8.7.0 won't have the NGXJxxx Fusion parameters that they added in one of the beta releases. I've run only beta releases since version 3.7 and never had an issue with writing.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Well and it could have just been a glitch with my laptop too, at any rate, sounds like I need to go look at the latest beta.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Well and it could have just been a glitch with my laptop too, at any rate, sounds like I need to go look at the latest beta.
Weird story... one of the tables in the SHO was fubar'd... If I made any change to it, it would cause a write error and looked like total chaos trying to start the car. I about sh*t a break trying to fix that in the dark during testing. Eventually went back to an older revision and contacted HPTuners. They found it was something to do with how the table was formatted. Other times I had a bootloader error during the write process. Sometimes it acts up but in the 5+ years I've run beta releases, I've encountered oddities maybe a total of 3-4 times.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I had a bootloader error once, but I think that was with the stable version. I haven't had any issues in months, Knock on wood. Only strange thing I had happen was wrote a tune for the 16 Fusion and somehow it ended up with the NGX OS the Sport uses, Never could figure how that happened and never did it again since.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I'm wondering if the cam position sensors have debris/metal shavings on them? Not sure why they'd get them as this low of a mileage, but maybe they aren't broken enough to set off a DTC. Same with the crank position sensor. It got me thinking why only 1 bank would have the most misfires while idling... I doubt there's chain "stretch" at this low of a mileage especially on a 2.7

441 - 460 of 471 Posts