Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not even sure if this is the right place to put this thread, since I haven't the foggiest idea what in the heck it is...

Here are the circumstances for which I observed the noise, far removed from each other (by months) but identical in sound.

first time was back in the fall, shortly after buying the car. giving it the first or second wash, every time I would spray past the grille with the hose, I would hear a high pitched, but not very loud, whine from the engine bay just behind the grille. To my ears it sounded like one of two things; a very small electrical arc or, a pin hole air leak (they're very similar in sound). I figured maybe it was just the radiator cooling rapidly from the spray of the water and bleeding off the pressure. it would only do it for about 15-20 seconds after spraying the grille, then stop again. I never heard it again, so I wrote it off...

Fast forward to this weekend, I'm walking out of the gym, car is in the way back of the lot, and as I approach I hear it. I look at my friend, we both put our ears to the car and sure enough its coming from the same place in the engine bay, behind the grille. This time the car had just been sitting out in the parking lot, perfectly clear day, sun facing the back of the car.

No odd symptoms, no fluid leaks, no weird smells, no clue...

Hopefully if/when it happens again it will be somewhere I can inspect with greater detail/ last long enough to pinpoint it.

or maybe it will be another 6 months.

who knows.

·
Super Moderator
1,606 Posts
Mine has a quiet but high-pitched noise as well, sounds sort of like something is squeaking, when the engine is idling and warm. Mine also comes from front engine / driver's side area. I haven't really bothered trying to pinpoint the source, tho. I don't always hear it, I just have a couple times (8,000 mi on my Sport).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts