1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
I too just broke 25 k.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Wow. You guys do drive a lot. If I didn't drive to Florida this past winter I'd still be under 10k

·
Registered
92 Posts
Was searching the used ads a few weeks ago, wondering about depreciation. It seems that for the first 4 years a car will drop about 15%-18% per year then start to level off a bit. So on a $30K about $4500 the first week plus a few $K for higher mileage. That's right, as soon as it is off the lot it is a used car and the value plummets.

If you bought the car hoping to not lose money on it, you bought the wrong car. I suspect Ford Fusion is it's own worst enemy. Highly successful sales of the car, also shooting for the rental and fleet market, they are EVERYWHERE. Getting a model with more options like the Ty or Sport might be a bit more desireable for a used buyer, but won't pull bigger money on resale.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Was searching the used ads a few weeks ago, wondering about depreciation. It seems that for the first 4 years a car will drop about 15%-18% per year then start to level off a bit. So on a $30K about $4500 the first week plus a few $K for higher mileage. That's right, as soon as it is off the lot it is a used car and the value plummets.

If you bought the car hoping to not lose money on it, you bought the wrong car. I suspect Ford Fusion is it's own worst enemy. Highly successful sales of the car, also shooting for the rental and fleet market, they are EVERYWHERE. Getting a model with more options like the Ty or Sport might be a bit more desireable for a used buyer, but won't pull bigger money on resale.
So far, the used Sports with very low mileage are going for about what the lowest nationwide
new one's are going for, hence why I have not bothered to get serious about a used one yet.

At this point, I'm hoping ford dumps in an 8/9/10 speed right before a redesign
and reprograms it like the 2018 mustang will be.

·
Registered
67 Posts

That is exactly why I bought i slightly used fusion sport. Sticker price was 38,900 and I got it for 27k with 10,000 miles

·
Registered
555 Posts

With some exceptions, cars just depreciate. They are for the here and now. There are folks that are in the collectible car game, and that is what it is, too. Most of the folks here seem more interested in having fun today --- that's me anyway. If I wanted a collectible car I would go to a Barrett Jackson auction and find something. I've owned collectible cars and while it can be fun, it can also be a chore, and comes with its own set of issues. The FsuSpo is just get in and get on it!

·
Registered
129 Posts
With some exceptions, cars just depreciate. They are for the here and now. There are folks that are in the collectible car game, and that is what it is, too. Most of the folks here seem more interested in having fun today --- that's me anyway. If I wanted a collectible car I would go to a Barrett Jackson auction and find something. I've owned collectible cars and while it can be fun, it can also be a chore, and comes with its own set of issues. The FsuSpo is just get in and get on it!
Very true. I could've had a '16Titanium or some other near new to save money, but I wanted a new '17 Sport now and was willing to take the hit. I love this car so far.

·
Registered
158 Posts
You're likely to get your best money for a used sport in an area where there aren't many of them and you can wait to sell to the right person. Otherwise, it's likely to be a good car for a trade-in in two or three years, especially if they discontinue it. Try to get manufacturer trade-in/ loyalty incentives. If Chevy still had the 20% off of the SS and a trade-in special, I'd jump.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts