Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im pretty sure i know the answer to this will be yes but here goes lol. The gains you can get with these cars with just a tune is ridiculous its hard not to order it asap. The biggest PITA is though some dealers will give u a hard time with warranty work. My question is if i got the Livernois tuner and reverted my car back to stock every time if i ever had to bring it to the dealer will be they be able to tell ive changed the tune on it? Thanx for the answers

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
They will be able to tell that the ecu was flashed. They can see how many ignition cycles there have been since the last flash. They can not see what the flash was for, but depending on the dealer and what the warranty work is for you may or may not have a problem.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I agree a lot hinges on the dealer and their attitude towards modifications.

I purposely avoided a few Ford dealers back in the days of modifying my 91 Mustang, due to their stated drag racing or modifying policies. Ultimately I never had a warranty claim due to my changes.

With my FS I am not worried about the tune and stuff. I maintain my vehicle well and if a change I institute damages the car I will accept the costs. Conversely if the dealer denies a claim that isn't related to or a function of my modifications, I will fight tooth and nail for proper treatment.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The issue with mods like this is emission hardware will not last and thanks to livernois they done a great job killing focus ST engines. I had the same guy show up 3 times each time with a hole burned though the piston. Ford covered the first two engines but now its all cash now. Car still sitting outside on our lot with no engine after 2 months. Mod are a waste on these OEM engines, they are cheap junk only made for emission not power or fuel economy. You want to mod something then go find a pre-75 car and enjoy GM's really sweet support.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The issue with mods like this is emission hardware will not last and thanks to livernois they done a great job killing focus ST engines. I had the same guy show up 3 times each time with a hole burned though the piston. Ford covered the first two engines but now its all cash now. Car still sitting outside on our lot with no engine after 2 months. Mod are a waste on these OEM engines, they are cheap junk only made for emission not power or fuel economy. You want to mod something then go find a pre-75 car and enjoy GM's really sweet support.
Really? let's see I have a 2013 ST it gets 33 mpg all the time with a big turbo and rolling maps, my daily map E40 / Meth 350 whp installed at 3k now close to turning 50k not one single problem, and it's been tracked half of the time, so I would have to call you out on this and say BS, yes there was some issues with the early ST's and even stock they put holes through the pistons, but it had nothing to do with tuning it! bad injectors, it's a known issue and btw the big turbo ST's now over 500 whp here's a link for your entertainment Highest HP Focus ST's

So total BS on this :mad:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Somebody's clearly trolling 🎣

Reactions: cockerdogs

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Really? let's see I have a 2013 ST it gets 33 mpg all the time with a big turbo and rolling maps, my daily map E40 / Meth 350 whp installed at 3k now close to turning 50k not one single problem, and it's been tracked half of the time, so I would have to call you out on this and say BS, yes there was some issues with the early ST's and even stock they put holes through the pistons, but it had nothing to do with tuning it! bad injectors, it's a known issue and btw the big turbo ST's now over 500 whp here's a link for your entertainment Highest HP Focus ST's

So total BS on this :mad:
BS=Bologna Sandwich, right?

·
Registered
176 Posts
BS=Bologna Sandwich, right?
yep ;)

Reactions: cockerdogs

·
Banned
249 Posts
Even after you flash to stock, use a ODB device and clear all the codes that are gonna be stored internally on the car. Forscan or obdlinks software is great for that. Torque will tell you how many key cycles since last flash. miles reset everytime you flash also.

In all honesty, it's really the relationship you have with your dealer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts