Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

Hi

3K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  fiskerman 
#1 ·
I'm new. Just picked up a 17 shadow black sport with 84k mi.

Love it so far, needs a couple things but I'm thinking some steeda goodies and 25mm wheel spacers to start..
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

And here's my other toy..
Wheel Tire Snow Vehicle Truck

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
Welcome

Tell me more about the other Toy :)
(and what the wheel spacers on the Fusion will be for?)
2019 Supercab. Velocity Blue with recaro interior package..
I've had it since 2019, with 9k miles, also my second raptor had a 2012 ingot silver supercab, with a lot of nice stuff on it..
its got 59K on it now, plan on keeping it forever since they dropped the supercab.. ive done all the work to it, except an alignment, and i had to pay a guy to make a new exhaust hanger, and do some welding on the rear tire carrier..
we do some pretty cool trips, my favorite is about 125 raptors in the upper peninsula of michigan for 3 full day of snowy off road driving. heading out to las vegas, reno, moab and telluride/ouray in june.. also silver lake sand dunes in about 4hours from here so i try to go there a few times a summer.. having a ton of fun doing raptor things..

getting ready to cut the rear wheel wells in the bed open for these:
Office supplies Writing implement Office instrument Pen Cylinder

heres a few more pics..
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Blue
Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Car
Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Hood Car Automotive design Vehicle

plans for the future include a wider front suspension that will give more wheel travel and a seconday bypass shock, bigger fiberglass front fenders, 37" tires and then it'll be on to a V8 swap when the 3.5 dies.. i think the 7.3L godzilla will be the way, but a few guys have 800hp coyotes swapped into these trucks too.. with 10speed trans and everything works electronically... someday i hope..

#7 ·
Welcome! Word of advice, stay away from these Garage Line Wheel Spacers. The studs will will not stand up to the 150 ft lbs of torque. I bought them and and had 4 broke studs with 3 months.

Reactions: Engineer
#10 ·
Hi and Welcome from Poland!
Great photos 😎
It seems that you are another Ford enthusiast
All the best with your FFS! - looks like the 100% stock - I do not know if it is good for you or not 🤪 but having in mind your other photos, I assume that it is just a start of your journey with moding!

#16 ·
Hello and welcome from Akron-ish Ohio!

#18 ·
i got the steeda springs, and blowoff valve adaptor, and i started the paint correction process, i did 2 stages of buffing, but probable needs a bit more before ceramic coating..

hoping to get the springs on this weekend.. i have been mostly focused on the truck the last several weeks as i had a big desert trip a couple weeks ago.. i put 3300mi on the truck in 8 days..

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Bicycle tire
Blue Wood Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire
Cloud Sky Mountain Plant Azure
Tire Sky Wheel Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Cloud Land vehicle Car
Sky Cloud Wheel Tire Car
Sky Cloud Car Wheel Tire
Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Automotive tire

#20 ·
You should be proud of the work you’ve done! “Built not bought” is a legitimate point of pride. There’s something deeply satisfying about doing stuff yourself, not the least the rewards of really knowing and understanding how it all works because you put it together, and everything you learn doing it. Well done!

#21 ·
I would not be able to afford half of the fun stuff I do if I had to pay people to work on it all the time. I never really welded anything before, and we found out later that the welder was hooked up backwards so all my practice pieces looked like crap so I called my buddy in.. and even he was having a hard time but we assumed it was the harbor freight welder instead of the setup. Getting pretty good results now that it's set up for mig vs flux core

#22 ·
I remember from my days as a plant manager in the nonferrous metal business, if I asked ten guys if they knew how to weld, nine of them would say yes. And roughly less than one of them actually could!
When someone asks me if I can weld I always say “yes, if nobody’s life or money depends on it holding”!
Welding is more than a skill, it’s a craft, and the only way to master it is practice, practice, practice.

Reactions: Downforce137
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.