Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sport is now a month odd today. Nice car… love the HP. Lots of twisty windy roads around here. I do find the road noise from the tires is a bit much for a newer car. Stereo needs a sub. Stuff I can live with.
I don’t think I will do much to it other a hood kit, Caliper covers and a dry afe filter… if I can find one. I have called around and they tell me that they have not tried to fit one on the 2017 Ford Fusion Sport yet. Some help on this will be great. 16500K on it so far. I don’t think I will be putting insurance on my bike any time soon… this car is way too much fun.
Anyway boys… peddle to the metal

·
Registered
278 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Matt_M.. I am the one who talked to MGP. They said that at this time they don't have covers to fit the 2017 Sport. I went outside to measure the distance from the caliper to the stock wheel and there isn't enough space for the cover to fit on the front wheels. Their fusion covers will fit the back wheels with no problem. Our front brakes are much larger then the regular Fusions. So I guess that we won't have caliper covers for our Sports.

·
Registered
206 Posts
First, welcome to the forum. I'm about two and a half months into ownership, so not far ahead of you.

Second, I agree that a little more low end impact would help the stereo system out.

I can't say that I've ever thought about tire noise, though. And I'd say just paint the calipers, maybe throw a sticker on there if you're so inclined. My G2 paint arrived earlier this week, but I'm not sure when I'll get around to actually using it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks boys

Thanks for the info boys. I will pass on the caliper covers. Road tirp to Calgary coming up soon. Brake in that sony. So I will order a aFe 31-10260 - MagnumFLOW OE Replacement Pro DRY S Air Filter this weekend I will pass on the caliper covers. Here is a copy of a email a friend with a f150 send me atfer his dyno test 372RWHP @ 4900 rpm & 577RWTQ @ 2500 rpm (tuned) 310RWHP @ 4900 rpm & 392 RWTQ @ 3000 rpm (stock tune) Bolt-ons only (exhaust, downpipes, Wagner Intercooler & Banks Cold Air Intake) Probably adds about 30 RWHP over typcial bone stock numbers (about 280RWHP). Not bad for bolt-ons and tune. Probably around 450-465HP/700-725TQ at the crank.

·
Registered
481 Posts
welcome!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Yeeep, stock (Contis) are loud. I added a Kicker Solobaris 8" SL7, sound is perfect now.

You'll enjoy, welcome!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts