Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace the stock front and rear door speakers. What size will fit? How do i add a 5 channel amp and subwoofer to the stock Headunit. My car has the stock stereo without the sony upgrade.

·
Registered
230 Posts
If you change anything with the stereo system make sure you disconnect the microphones in the headliner. One above the driver and the other above the passenger. This will disable your cars active noise control. The cabin will be noisier. Google "disable ford active noise control stereo upgrade" for more info and some issues that others have run into. There are a couple of youtube videos too.
-Lee

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
If you change anything with the stereo system make sure you disconnect the microphones in the headliner. One above the driver and the other above the passenger. This will disable your cars active noise control. The cabin will be noisier. Google "disable ford active noise control stereo upgrade" for more info and some issues that others have run into. There are a couple of youtube videos too.
-Lee
I thought there was 3 mic's? My plan was a switch to turn them on or off.
Then if you want it relatively quiet, turn on mic's and turn off sub.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I thought there was 3 mic's? My plan was a switch to turn them on or off.
Then if you want it relatively quiet, turn on mic's and turn off sub.
That’s too much work for a tiny bit of quiet lol. Imagine running extra wires adding switches some where lol. I’m no stranger to going all out as I did with the st. Had the car two weeks and had the interior stripped to run power something 2 minutes of research would have saved me a couple hours of work and having to change things up. Got lucky that I over ordered the power wire for the amp. Guessed for a drivers side run but just solid sheet metal on that hole side. Not one grommet bigger then my finger lol. All electrical comes in behind glovebox. Apparently I got an incredible deal on most of my equipment. I swear I only paid like 700 total for everything. Infinity kappa speakers a sealed 10” low profile sub that works perfectly with the kappas. An Alpine 5 channel I think 750 watts but could be 50. Audio Control line out converter fuses and blocks wiring(used stock for speakers just used spades to connect components). It’s literall gonna take me 45 minutes to pull everything for the trade. Bottom line is with very good support gear the stock head unit is fine for a signal. Got a proclip and custom bracket for phone and sct tuner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts