• 2FA5T

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a hard time choosing a personalized plate for the Sport. I'vs narrowed it down to :

1- SNSTR (sinister)
2- EXPDT ("expedite" local cop talk for "go really fast")
3- TRBO6 (duh)
4- OBSDN (obsidian)
5- OTOBT (Autobot)
6- 2FA5T (duh)

Spoilers hidden with white text.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Personally, I'd stay away from any that may suggest speed or aggressive driving. If you get pulled over, and the cop has any doubts as to whether to give you a ticket, seeing your license plate will make those doubts go away. :)

·
Premium Member
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Personally, I'd stay away from any that may suggest speed or aggressive driving. If you get pulled over, and the cop has any doubts as to whether to give you a ticket, seeing your license plate will make those doubts go away. :)
Those doubts are usually offset by the fact that I'm a cop. :laugh:

edit for clarification. I'm not implying that I use my position as an excuse to drive wrecklessly. I have a pristine driving record, and when I do exceed the speed limit, it is always done with the utmost regard for the safety of other motorists. Basically, I don't speed if there is anyone around to see it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
"Those doubts are usually offset by the fact that I'm a cop." Good answer, makes for a great "Pass go, do not go to jail card" too.

In which case I vote for #1 in your list.

·
Premium Member
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"Those doubts are usually offset by the fact that I'm a cop." Good answer, makes for a great "Pass go, do not go to jail card" too.

In which case I vote for #1 in your list.
Please see my edit. I have NEVER pulled my badge to get out of a ticket. I have pulled it to explain why I have a concealed firearm, and it may have played a roll in the outcome of the stop, but a hypocrite is something I am not. If I have a ticket coming my way, I take it without complaint.

·
Registered
331 Posts
So instead of poking at you about being a cop and driving fast...

I'll say obsidian, the rest of them give away the "sleeper" if anyone is able to discern what the plate stands for.

·
Premium Member
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For the record, the fasted I've been stopped for in the last 6 years or so was 67 in a 55. That also happened to be the day I took possession of my new Sport. I was too busy admiring my new toy to realize the speed limit dropped from 65 to 55. I took my ticket for the full 12 over with a smile on my face. I don't ever expect to get out of a ticket that I wouldn't let someone out of myself.

If I stop a cop and they badge me with the expectation of getting out of a ticket, they are almost guaranteed to get a ticket. Same goes for military. I did that to a Marine once and he started yelling at me about how I'm not a patriot and I don't support my country. He changed his tune when I explained that I was a Marine and I was disgusted by his behavior. If they are trying to get special treatment, that is the best way to not get it from me.

·
Premium Member
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:| ..... sooooo, no more stories of 100+mph tests
No worries. I know that all tests discussed in these forums are performed on closed tracks or in Mexico.;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts