• OTOBT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2FA5T

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a hard time choosing a personalized plate for the Sport. I'vs narrowed it down to :

1- SNSTR (sinister)
2- EXPDT ("expedite" local cop talk for "go really fast")
3- TRBO6 (duh)
4- OBSDN (obsidian)
5- OTOBT (Autobot)
6- 2FA5T (duh)

Spoilers hidden with white text.

· Premium Member
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is what the plate looks like.

Attachments

Reactions: 1153

· Premium Member
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Personally, I'd stay away from any that may suggest speed or aggressive driving. If you get pulled over, and the cop has any doubts as to whether to give you a ticket, seeing your license plate will make those doubts go away. :)
Those doubts are usually offset by the fact that I'm a cop. :laugh:

edit for clarification. I'm not implying that I use my position as an excuse to drive wrecklessly. I have a pristine driving record, and when I do exceed the speed limit, it is always done with the utmost regard for the safety of other motorists. Basically, I don't speed if there is anyone around to see it.

· Registered
189 Posts
"Those doubts are usually offset by the fact that I'm a cop." Good answer, makes for a great "Pass go, do not go to jail card" too.

In which case I vote for #1 in your list.

· Premium Member
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"Those doubts are usually offset by the fact that I'm a cop." Good answer, makes for a great "Pass go, do not go to jail card" too.

In which case I vote for #1 in your list.
Please see my edit. I have NEVER pulled my badge to get out of a ticket. I have pulled it to explain why I have a concealed firearm, and it may have played a roll in the outcome of the stop, but a hypocrite is something I am not. If I have a ticket coming my way, I take it without complaint.

· Premium Member
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For the record, the fasted I've been stopped for in the last 6 years or so was 67 in a 55. That also happened to be the day I took possession of my new Sport. I was too busy admiring my new toy to realize the speed limit dropped from 65 to 55. I took my ticket for the full 12 over with a smile on my face. I don't ever expect to get out of a ticket that I wouldn't let someone out of myself.

If I stop a cop and they badge me with the expectation of getting out of a ticket, they are almost guaranteed to get a ticket. Same goes for military. I did that to a Marine once and he started yelling at me about how I'm not a patriot and I don't support my country. He changed his tune when I explained that I was a Marine and I was disgusted by his behavior. If they are trying to get special treatment, that is the best way to not get it from me.

Reactions: falkin42

· Premium Member
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:| ..... sooooo, no more stories of 100+mph tests
No worries. I know that all tests discussed in these forums are performed on closed tracks or in Mexico.;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.