Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Platinum white Fusion Sport w/ 400A, moonroof and driver seat memory. No mods yet
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read about the Fusion Sport colors and some sources say it only came in one type of white (Oxford white) but others say it came with Oxford AND Platinum white.

And I have no idea which one is mine.
Can someone identify?
I'll attach the clearest pics
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Sky Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Tire Car

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Plant

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2017 Fusion Sport, 401A, Driver Assistance Package, 33k miles; 1999 Expedition 5.4 4x4
374 Posts
Take a photo of the paint close up with a flash light next to it. If there are metallic speckles in the paint, you have the Platinum White. The difference between Oxford White and Platinum White are difficult to discern until the car is lit by a strong source (usually the sun does well at this) in which case it become immediately apparent which is which (and why the platinum white is so highly regarded in my soul).

·
Premium Member
2017 Fusion Sport, 401A, Driver Assistance Package, 33k miles; 1999 Expedition 5.4 4x4
374 Posts
Take a photo of the paint close up with a flash light next to it. If there are metallic speckles in the paint, you have the Platinum White. The difference between Oxford White and Platinum White are difficult to discern until the car is lit by a strong source (usually the sun does well at this) in which case it become immediately apparent which is which (and why the platinum white is so highly regarded in my soul).

At a cursory glance I believe you have the Platinum White.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
169 Posts
Appears to be Platinum White. There should be a color code on the decal on the door jamb.

Oxford=YZ
Platinum=UG

You really need to tint your windows to keep that intense Iraqi sun out. Ask me how I know.

·
Registered
2017 Platinum white Fusion Sport w/ 400A, moonroof and driver seat memory. No mods yet
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will take a close up shot soon. Tints have been on my wishlist recently. It’s just so expensive here. You need to pay $1,000 YEARLY as a license to put black tints on your car.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
169 Posts
Will take a close up shot soon. Tints have been on my wishlist recently. It’s just so expensive here. You need to pay $1,000 YEARLY as a license to put black tints on your car.
Wow , that is steep. I got to spend a few months in your neck of the woods back in '90-'91 with the U.S. Army during the first desert skirmish. I would have done it to my Humvee if tint was available back then.

Reactions: DarkArkAngel

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn! We got a trooper here too. Tough times back then eh?
God bless

·
Registered
721 Posts
They do make clear tint that helps cut down on heat and UV damage to the interior. I have it on my windshield and it does help.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Hi Botani. You could have saved yourself the trouble of taking photos and loading them here. As Gregg1LE stated up above, the correct/easy way to determine your paint color is by finding the paint code listed on the Manufacturers sticker, which is located on the drivers side door jamb.

The two white codes he listed were:
Oxford=YZ
Platinum=UG

Whichever code is on your Manufacturers sticker is the paint color you have.

Good luck.

Reactions: DarkArkAngel

·
Registered
875 Posts
IIRC the Platinum White is a tri-coat (like the Burgundy Velvet I have) which might mean you have tinted clearcoat. Be careful of letting anybody work on your paint who is not familiar and well-informed about your actual paint type. From what I’ve been told, the tinted clearcoat is relatively soft. My experience is that my paint is disappointingly fragile.

I let a professional “detailer” work on my car who didn’t know about the tinted clearcoat and I didn’t find out until after he’d done the work. So I’m not sure if he could of done anything to damage the paint, but I can say the luster of his work did not stand up for even one year.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just checked. It’s UG.
I can’t believe the original owner wanted this with no packages except for a moonroof and platinum tri coat…

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Just checked. It’s UG.
I can’t believe the original owner wanted this with no packages except for a moonroof and platinum tri coat…
Nothing wrong with the 400a cars. Plus you could always get an MKZ cluster and upgrade it, that's a huge upgrade if you do that. Huge.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
They do make clear tint that helps cut down on heat and UV damage to the interior. I have it on my windshield and it does help.
I need to look into that. Especially after that thing I noticed with part of my dash shrinking. I'm thinking I might try to find a place to get that done.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Check these guys out. They have alot of really clear tints that have amazing quoted UV and IR rejection ratings.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts