Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

You may remember me from such forums as FFC, FFF, and the Facebook groups!

Not a 2017 Fusion Sport owner but I've got a 2011 Sport with a few bolt-on's. Glad to be here!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow I almost forgot a background story. I guess it's been a while since I've been on a proper forum.

I'm Ivan from Alberta Canada, I've had my Sport since 2011, picked it up new with 7km on to Odometer. I gotta say I love the car, I almost had a change of heart and picked up a Focus ST but I'm happy I didn't. I really appreciate the extra size of the Fusion, especially now that we have a 7 month old!
Great car, decent power and handling but still comfortable for DD needs. I always thought it has that split personality where it can be docile when it needs to be but when you find that nice Canyon road, track, autocross etc. it is fairly competitive and super fun to drive.

I really hope Ford managed to pull off the same thing with the new 2017 Sports!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Wow I almost forgot a background story. I guess it's been a while since I've been on a proper forum.

I'm Ivan from Alberta Canada, I've had my Sport since 2011, picked it up new with 7km on to Odometer. I gotta say I love the car, I almost had a change of heart and picked up a Focus ST but I'm happy I didn't. I really appreciate the extra size of the Fusion, especially now that we have a 7 month old!
Great car, decent power and handling but still comfortable for DD needs. I always thought it has that split personality where it can be docile when it needs to be but when you find that nice Canyon road, track, autocross etc. it is fairly competitive and super fun to drive.

I really hope Ford managed to pull off the same thing with the new 2017 Sports!!
A 2010 Sport owner here since 2011 and you described the car perfectly...definitely the versatile and reliable car I hoped for and surprisingly capable on the back roads. I still have fun driving it 5 yrs later. From what I've gathered in a very short test drive and hours of reading this forum (a wealth of info) it sounds like the next gen Sport is all that and then some. Welcome!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Welcome to the forums ! I've never owned one, ever, but I sure do plan on it now. What kind of bolt ons do you have ??

·
Registered
529 Posts
Welcome! Nice wheels.

2017 FuSpo has no shortage of excitement. Despite the grumblings about acceleration and performance, which seems to be getting nipped by actual numbers surfacing, the car is a beast. The technology and styling that went into this car is great.

·
Registered
156 Posts

I had a 2010 Sport which I loved, the car was great. It was loaded with 2 tone interior. Such a solid car all around. Buying my 2017 Sport brought me back to that same feeling only now I have more power to play with :)

·
Registered
331 Posts

If you play BlackBetty in the background as you look at the pictures and read the post, it brings it up by at least 1000%.

Welcome!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Dave and everyone else for the warm welcome!

Uncleatatty- It sounds like they stuck with the same Formula, I hope they went a little more aggressive with the suspension and brakes! (sounds like the did!)

Welcome to the forums ! I've never owned one, ever, but I sure do plan on it now. What kind of bolt ons do you have ??
They really are great cars! I love mine, as far as bolt on's go I'll give you the list!
Cosmetic:
-VHT tinted tail/third brake light and amber corners
-5% Tint behind the drovers shoulders
-Plug 'n play HID's
-LED replacement on all interior lights, exterior ambient lighting (the ones in the side mirrors) and reverse/license plate lights with 6000k
-Invisible bra on the bumper, 1/3 of hood, strip on the rood and strips along the bottom sides of the car as well as side mirrors
-Stubby antenna

Performance:
Steeda Intake
James Tune
Vibrant UltraQuiet Mufflers with 4" Magnaflow tips to fill the rear valance. Kept the stocck 2.25" exhaust
Soon to be gutted precats/cats

Suspension/Wheels
Powdercoated gloss black factory Sport wheels (summer mode)
16" Steel wheels with Cooper weathermaster ST2's and Police Interceptor Center caps (Winter mode)
Whitline Rear Sway Bar
H&R lowering springs
Still running factory struts and tires but I will be upgrading those too when the time comes.

Brakes
Lucas Oil DOT 4 fluid
Hawk HPS pads
Stock blank rotors (for now)

I believe thats all of it for now!

Thanks elronio! I think the new Sport will be pretty great especially when you start throwing some bolt ons and a tune at it!

gzsport- Great looking Fusion! Just needs more low! Looking forward to seeing your 2017

JaredC01- Everythings better with that song! haha, Thanks!

I've got a few videos of the car too here is my latest autocross event!

Inside cam

Bumper cam

And a little Canyon run so you can hear the exhaust/intake setup

1 - 12 of 12 Posts