Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm Ellis I have a 2010 Fusion AWD V6 3.5 sport auto with manual option. She's pretty quick as is and makes a few cars with turbo look stupid. But I've been thinking about more hp. I'm not working with alot of money rt now. What would be the best way about getting at least 60 more hp?

·
Registered
'17 Magnetic; Unleashed Tune, FMIC
191 Posts
Ellis, welcome from Jersey! You won't find a shortage of knowledge here. Unfortunately your car is a little diff than the configuration we have. The second problem is your desire for more power. Real power is never inexpensive. Since your car is N/A you don't have the ability to tweak the conservative programming that Ford does like we can.

Have a couple buddies that have that model and they're solid for sure. Enjoy and good luck!

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Thank you. So adding a chip would be the only thing to do except drop a new motor in?
@Chamorro85 is right, your options are going to be a bit limited by two things:

1. Speed costs money
2. You're running naturally aspirated

Either way, to do much it would probably take some money to get 60 HP more out of that setup. It's a nice platform, they're really solid, but just you don't have the tunability that you get from a turbocharged platform. Regardless, though, no matter what you do, money is involved basically any time you try to get more speed out of a car.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
281 Posts
Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
800 Posts
Thank you. So adding a chip would be the only thing to do except drop a new motor in?
Hi Ellis and welcome to the Fusion Sport Forums!

In my opinion, your best option would be to purchase a "tune" for your Fusion. With a good, reliable tune, you can perhaps obtain another 30 horsepower, but not 60.

In reality, a "chip" is worthless. And dropping "a new motor" into your Fusion is not a realistic or viable option either.

I am sure others will jump in with more advice on tunes etc., so keep us updated and good luck.

Reactions: Engineer

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
Hello and welcome

·
Registered
470 Posts
You're not going to get those kinds of gains without forced induction or major internal work, neither of which is worth it for that car, imho. Just keep it stock and enjoy as-is.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
You're not going to get those kinds of gains without forced induction or major internal work, neither of which is worth it for that car, imho. Just keep it stock and enjoy as-is.
Agree with this. 60 HP on that engine will not come cheap, due to it being not only NA , but not all that large in displacement.
Probably need every bolt on mod you can think of (some you may have to make yourself) and a set of cams (if they even make them).
Even then it will be power all up the top of rev range, with almost zero gain in low end torque.

Some talk of a turbo kit back in the day, but it was a LONG time ago.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Black LMS 93V6, GFB Diverter, K&N panel, 165* thermo Ultimate Perf FMI
28 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts