Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to be ordering a sport here shortly, but have not decided yet between magnetic or burgundy valvet..

will be leasing just like I am my 2014 fusion, but not certain on how I want to handle the payments.

Should I put a lot down on it to lower the montly payments? or not put anything down on it and pay a
large monthly pymt?:(

Will be getting the 401a package on it.

Thanks for any feedback you may have.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I got money fory trade in (14k) and put 7.5 towards to car to bring my lease payments to $350/month CDN.

The remaining money will pay off the car for the next 1.5 years. I have Magnetic and it looks fantastic in person, but so does Burgundy. One of the guys on this forum got one and I was surprised at how much I love that color.

Good luck!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Take a look at the Sport pictures posted on the forum for an idea of what your colors will look like. Or ask if your dealership has paint samples.

·
Registered
186 Posts
You need to see them in person -- a picture on your monitor is subject to a lot of variations. I went to a dealer on a sunny day and looked at Fusions (there were no Sports at the time) in the colors I was interested in. Had to use a little imagination due to differences in the wheels and grille. For the best web "picture" of a Sport, go to Ford's web site and "build" a car in that color. I copied that picture and it's the wallpaper on my computer, but it doesn't do justice to the car in my garage.

·
Registered
230 Posts
... but not certain on how I want to handle the payments.
Should I put a lot down on it to lower the montly payments? or not put anything down on it and pay a
If your money factor was like mine (Ford .25) it really does not matter what you put down. There is no real financial savings. However, for every $1000 down you lower your payment by about $28. If your are disciplined enough, keep the "down payment" money in the bank for any lease mileage/damage expensive at EOL.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Going to be ordering a sport here shortly, but have not decided yet between magnetic or burgundy valvet..

will be leasing just like I am my 2014 fusion, but not certain on how I want to handle the payments.

Will be getting the 401a package on it.

My salesman told me something I never thought of before which may help your decision.
When leasing you don't own the car of course, so if the car is stolen or totalled in an accident it is not your problem, Ford has to deal with the insurance company and whatever they get out of it is of no concern of yours,you just no longer have a lease payment. You will just have to pay your insurance deductible.

HOWEVER, any money you put down on the car is LOST, you will not get it back no matter what the insurance company pays for the lost car. Until you buy the car out your down-payment is essentially just getting the lower payment. If you can save your down-payment to help with the higher payments that would be my suggestion. Not that I expect any of us to have to deal theft or total destruction, but you just don't know.

·
Registered
230 Posts
My salesman told me something I never thought of before which may help your decision.
When leasing you don't own the car of course, so if the car is stolen or totalled in an accident it is not your problem, Ford has to deal with the insurance company and whatever they get out of it is of no concern of yours,you just no longer have a lease payment. You will just have to pay your insurance deductible.

HOWEVER, any money you put down on the car is LOST, you will not get it back no matter what the insurance company pays for the lost car. Until you buy the car out your down-payment is essentially just getting the lower payment. If you can save your down-payment to help with the higher payments that would be my suggestion. Not that I expect any of us to have to deal theft or total destruction, but you just don't know.
Interesting. I know Ford will let you prepay for the entire lease up front and give you a discount. I wonder how that would work if the car was totaled.

Also, Gap protection is included in a Red Carpet Lease. You will still have to pay your insurance deductible.
https://credit.ford.com/lease-a-ford

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the feedback from everyone..Appreicate it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
A lot of cars were totaled in an instant in Sandy. If you put $ down on your lease then that was washed away with the storm as well. It never makes sense to put a down payment on a lease.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I second this. All leases have "total loss protection" where any financial shortfall between debt and insurance payout is absorbed. And cash down payment or trade equity will take away from the shortfall or put Ford Credit in the Green on your vehicle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts