Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new to the forum.

I just purchased a Lightening Blue Fusion Sport from Lasco Ford (Fenton,MI) on 7/26. I actually saw the video posted on this forum of the Platinum White Sport posted on the morning of 7/26 and called them to find out if they had any to test drive. They showed me pictures of a Black Fusion Sport that they had outside the showroom. When they asked what features I was interested in - I just said that I wanted a Lightning Blue one. The one they happened to have on the lot has the 401A option package, sunroof, and NAV. (I didn't really want NAV - but this was the first dealership in the area that even had any to test drive. All the other dealers that received them - the cars had already been purchased and went directly to customers.

A little about me. I previously had a 2010 Fusion SEL as a daily driver. (I also have a 1998 C5 Corvette Convertible as my summer toy). I had put over 140,000 miles on my previous Fusion and have nothing but good things to say about it. I grew up more of a GM guy than a Ford guy. In general I like the looks of the Fusion better than all the other midsize cars offered right now. I had seen the Fusion Sport at the Detroit Auto Show and had followed every article I could find about this car. I wanted to test drive it before I considered buying it - well I bought it the same night that I drove it. I was also considering buying a GMC Sierra. The more I drive it the more fun it is! It handles great, pulls hard, and the Apple Car Play and Sync 3 are really cool features. I am still breaking it in and only have 250 miles on it in a couple days. It doesn't seem to pull as hard as the Corvette, but hey its a family sedan, and serves a completely different purpose.

I like that I can drive this car all year round in Michigan winters, and the rear seats fold down - so I can put my ski's or Mt. bike in the trunk. Meanwhile, I can still have some fun driving to and from work with some passengers. I think Ford has a hit on their hands. Just about anything else with AWD costs alot more.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Even though you're a cheesehead I'll still welcome you to the world of Sport ownership. ;)
Although I was hoping there wouldn't be many other Lightning Blue Sports in SE Michigan.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Definitely won't be a corvette but for a family grocery hauler, it does a serious good job lol.

Welcome to the forums though, and congratulations !

Fusionites has a nice ring to it too... ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sooooo.... thats actually a good reference, thank you for including it.

The 1998 Corvette Convertible does 0-60 in 5.1 seconds (Source: http://www.zeroto60times.com/vehicle-make/chevrolet-0-60-mph-times/ and verified: Road Test of the 1998 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible - Full Authoritative Test of the 1998 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible ), the Fusion shouldn't be too far behind....

Obviously handling and taking on curvy roads is a different story.... but launch should be fairly comparable, no? (Not factoring in Turbo lag versus actual displacement)

·
Registered
188 Posts
I feel like it's comparing two different things altogether. You can't really compare them in a sense. Both great vehicles, both do what they're intended design is meant for pretty darn well. Meh.. lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I only intended the comparison as a huge compliment to the Fusion Sport and to Ford. I realize it is not a fair comparison, but just wanted to emphasize that it is quick. It is pretty remarkable that a family sedan can keep up with a lighter V8 powered car. This is a fun car - enough said!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts