Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got into a ‘17 Fusion Sport after looking at them for nearly 3 years (test drove one when it debuted and my Infiniti was in for a recall). Waited for the price to come down and finally got one for myself.

Been enjoying it, will be adding a subwoofer as the stock system is good but missing those low notes (I am also a home audio enthusiast). May look at some mods for it or just leave it as is until 60k and get a tune. Time will tell.

I did try to join the FB group (has this site as a requirement) but got turned away for who knows. Anyhow look forward to the threads and to more time with the car.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Just keep in mind you will need to disconnect mic's (3 of them) in ceiling or noise cancelling system with play havoc with added subwoofer.
I put one in, but then pulled it out due to this. My plan was to put it back, and get a ST3P switch and hook up mic's so I can either have noise cancelling
for quiet cruising, or turn them off and turn on the sub. Have nott done it yet, as I'm trying t find a more attractive switch than this.

I was also waiting for normal warantee to be up before pulling apart dash, in case I had rattle issues and I'm @ 35,500
this week, so getting close to tearing it down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just keep in mind you will need to disconnect mic's (3 of them) in ceiling or noise cancelling system with play havoc with added subwoofer.
I put one in, but then pulled it out due to this. My plan was to put it back, and get a ST3P switch and hook up mic's so I can either have noise cancelling
for quiet cruising, or turn them off and turn on the sub. Have nott done it yet, as I'm trying t find a more attractive switch than this.

I was also waiting for normal warantee to be up before pulling apart dash, in case I had rattle issues and I'm @ 35,500
this week, so getting close to tearing it down.
Thanks for the heads up about the sub. Would be an expensive mistake to make to put it in and find out it caused more complications

·
Registered
124 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase! Enjoy!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Congratulations on your '17 Sport!
I've got a '17 too. 46k fun miles, tuned since about 5k and no problems. The tune adds a special zing to the performance, as well as improving the mpg's.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Finally got into a ‘17 Fusion Sport after looking at them for nearly 3 years (test drove one when it debuted and my Infiniti was in for a recall). Waited for the price to come down and finally got one for myself.

Been enjoying it, will be adding a subwoofer as the stock system is good but missing those low notes (I am also a home audio enthusiast). May look at some mods for it or just leave it as is until 60k and get a tune. Time will tell.

I did try to join the FB group (has this site as a requirement) but got turned away for who knows. Anyhow look forward to the threads and to more time with the car.
I had the same issue when I tried to join the Facebook group. It will eventually get approved. Just keep trying. I also just bought my 17 sport a month ago. So far I love it.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Thanks for the heads up about the sub. Would be an expensive mistake to make to put it in and find out it caused more complications
I ended up ordering this relay to use
so now I can get any small, ascetically pleasing switch I want.

Also, here is my thread on the sub.......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ended up ordering this relay to use
so now I can get any small, ascetically pleasing switch I want.

Also, here is my thread on the sub.......

Yea the whole disconnect mics has me hesitant to go with a subwoofer at all. Seems to be too many hoops to jump through just to add more low end (even though it’s probably worth the effort).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts