Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I'm Woody, a long time Ford guy. I do not own a Fusion Sport yet, but I'm working on getting one (or a MkZ 3.0TT).

I do appreciate the cars, and look forward to getting one sometime in the next year. I'm hoping to learn from what you have all discovered about these cars, things to watch out for, etc.

Other notable FoMoCo products I've owned are my current project car, a 1997 Thunderbird LX that's nearly finished with a motor swap. She's getting a Windsor Aluminum Plant 4.6V8 out of an 03 Explorer, bowl ported heads, more aggressive cams, Kooks headers, throttle body spacer, enlarged throttle body, better injectors, and a tune. I'm expecting 350ish hp at the crank, not quite 300 to the rear wheels which are running through a TracLok 3.73 IRS with Aluminum Mark VIII lower control arms. She's set up for cornering, and has been a fun car so far.
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Car

I've also had a 99 Mustang GT, pretty basic on that one, a different 97 Thunderbird that was rear-ended before I could mod it, a 1985 Cougar XR-7 2.3 Turbo 5 speed, another Cougar that I built out of a junkyard in Ohio with a 5.0 HO motor, AOD, 3.08 rear end, and true duals. That one was notable for getting 30mpg at 80mph.

My wife is currently driving a 21 Bronco Sport base, which is a good little mini CUV. Surprisingly quick for only a 1.5l 3cyl.

Looking forward to being here and being part of the conversation!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Welcome @WoodmanMN ! You sound like you know your Fords, and sure definitely know how to build a car. It's good to have you here!

Good luck in your search for one of these, let us know how it goes. My FFS is by far the best car I've ever owned. By a long shot, not even close.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
169 Posts
Welcome @WoodmanMN !

Good luck in your search for one of these, let us know how it goes. My FFS is by far the best car I've ever owned. By a long shot, not even close.
I second that ! Welcome from Texas !

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
169 Posts
I grew up in Spring, TX. Just north of the Houston city limits. Not sure why the heck I ended up in Minnesota!
It's a smaller world. I was born in Spokane WA and ended up in the DFW area. How do you put up with all that snow?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a smaller world. I was born in Spokane WA and ended up in the DFW area. How do you put up with all that snow?
Honestly, the snow isn't too bad. We do get a lot, but as long as our idiot local government budgets for plowing, it's generally okay. Invest in a good snowblower and good snow tires and it's all fun.

It's the -20's actual temp that is horrible in late Jan through early March. That's the miserable stuff.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Honestly, the snow isn't too bad. We do get a lot, but as long as our idiot local government budgets for plowing, it's generally okay. Invest in a good snowblower and good snow tires and it's all fun.

It's the -20's actual temp that is horrible in late Jan through early March. That's the miserable stuff.
If you can find an FFS with the "block heater" option, you might want that. ;) Good luck though, those are hard to find. Mine's got every available option except the block heater. I haven't seen too many that have that. But if there's anyone who could use it, it's you. :LOL:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you can find an FFS with the "block heater" option, you might want that. ;) Good luck though, those are hard to find. Mine's got every available option except the block heater. I haven't seen to many that have that. But if there's anyone who could use it, it's you. :LOL:
I have used them on some cars in the past, but with good synthetic oils, I haven't "needed" them. My tired Acura RSX (current daily) has no issues turning over with Mobil 1 0w20 oil in the winter. Because I have a VERY short drive to work (10 minutes), I do let the car run five or so minutes in the driveway so it gets up to temp before I get to work. The remote start on the Sport will be put to good use.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Welcome from Ohio!
I had a ‘91 Thunderbird Super Coupe. Those cars are remarkably agile for how heavy and wide they are! Like the ballerina hippos in that Muppet sketch! Ha! Also very comfortable and classy. Yours looks fantastic laid down low like that! Nice ride!!

Reactions: WoodmanMN

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome from Ohio!
I had a ‘91 Thunderbird Super Coupe. Those cars are remarkably agile for how heavy and wide they are! Like the ballerina hippos in that Muppet sketch! Ha! Also very comfortable and classy. Yours looks fantastic laid down low like that! Nice ride!!
Thank you! It is on Eibach 1.5" drop springs, has GR-2 shocks which are stock-ish in feel, but makes it comfortable to drive as a fun daily, but still lets it corner well. I have 1989 Supercoupe front and rear sway bars on it, Mustang GT PBR Brakes (a HUGE improvement in braking ability over the stock single piston calipers), front and rear strut tower bracing, and it does corner very,very nicely. I believe the independent rear suspension is the reason.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Hello and welcome from Las Vegas , very cool t-bird what kind of wheels are those?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hello and welcome from Las Vegas , very cool t-bird what kind of wheels are those?
I found them on Ebay. They are branded "Wheeler" but I haven't been able to find that particular style ever again. They're 18x9, 35mm offset, 5x108 bolt pattern. I love that undercut on the inner edge of the wheel.

·
Registered
2017 Fusion Sport
51 Posts
If you can find an FFS with the "block heater" option, you might want that. ;) Good luck though, those are hard to find. Mine's got every available option except the block heater. I haven't seen too many that have that. But if there's anyone who could use it, it's you. :LOL:
I have the block heater and doubt I'll ever use it.

·
Registered
2017 Fusion Sport
51 Posts
Hi everyone! I'm Woody, a long time Ford guy. I do not own a Fusion Sport yet, but I'm working on getting one (or a MkZ 3.0TT).

I do appreciate the cars, and look forward to getting one sometime in the next year. I'm hoping to learn from what you have all discovered about these cars, things to watch out for, etc.

Other notable FoMoCo products I've owned are my current project car, a 1997 Thunderbird LX that's nearly finished with a motor swap. She's getting a Windsor Aluminum Plant 4.6V8 out of an 03 Explorer, bowl ported heads, more aggressive cams, Kooks headers, throttle body spacer, enlarged throttle body, better injectors, and a tune. I'm expecting 350ish hp at the crank, not quite 300 to the rear wheels which are running through a TracLok 3.73 IRS with Aluminum Mark VIII lower control arms. She's set up for cornering, and has been a fun car so far.
View attachment 28656
I've also had a 99 Mustang GT, pretty basic on that one, a different 97 Thunderbird that was rear-ended before I could mod it, a 1985 Cougar XR-7 2.3 Turbo 5 speed, another Cougar that I built out of a junkyard in Ohio with a 5.0 HO motor, AOD, 3.08 rear end, and true duals. That one was notable for getting 30mpg at 80mph.

My wife is currently driving a 21 Bronco Sport base, which is a good little mini CUV. Surprisingly quick for only a 1.5l 3cyl.

Looking forward to being here and being part of the conversation!
I had a 92 and a 94 that were both that color. Ended up wrecking them both. The 94 was a stock 4.6 and I thought it was fast at the time. I always wanted to do a manual transmission swap but never did. My dad had a black 97. I always liked the look of those cars.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts