Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Fusion Sport
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our cars have a thin strip that is lit across the top of the headlight. I'm pretty sure it's on when the headlights are off. So basically a daytime running light. Does anyone know how this works and/or if the color could be changed? I was wondering if it's just a bulb in the corner and then a filament that carries the light across the top or is it an actual LED strip. I think it would be awesome to change the color and I didn't know how difficult it would be to accomplish.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Our cars have a thin strip that is lit across the top of the headlight. I'm pretty sure it's on when the headlights are off. So basically a daytime running light. Does anyone know how this works and/or if the color could be changed? I was wondering if it's just a bulb in the corner and then a filament that carries the light across the top or is it an actual LED strip. I think it would be awesome to change the color and I didn't know how difficult it would be to accomplish.
Hi jkunar. It is a white LED strip. And if the Fusion Sport is anything like the MKZ, it is integral to the headlight housing.

To accomplish what you are discussing, my guess is it would need to be changed to some sort of color of color adjustable LED strip. I don't picture it being easy to replace the factory LED's. So you would likely need to externally rig up some aftermarket LED strips, which some have done in other areas of the grill (but with white).

Keep in mind that in many/most states, having color lights (other than amber) on the front of the vehicle is illegal. So check you state laws before seriously pondering this modification.

Good luck.

Reactions: DarkArkAngel
1 - 2 of 2 Posts