Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I am looking for experience and recommendations on the plastic protective film that is sold to put over the surface of headlights. I haven't driven my car that many miles and am already getting rock pecks in the clear lenses and know it will only get worse. I am looking at clear color films but also want a film that in the future if I decide to remove or replace it can be removed easily without damaging the lens. So far Lamin-X seems to have very good reviews while Xpel has had bad reviews as far as removal after prolonged installation. The clear headlights look great when new but sure show blemishes due to real work driving. And new ones aren't cheap.

Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I run the X-Pel as they are thicker. I had to remove them from my Cobalt because the headlights are too curved and the X-Pel had a hard time adhering to the curves. I've been using X-Pel for about 13 years on various vehicles. They fit perfectly on the Fusion Sport because our headlights aren't too weird in terms of surface shape. I used Lamin-X on the Cobalt once but they were hard to fit properly and required a lot of cutting. I ended up buying X-Pel bulk film and cut out flat sheets for the Cobalt headlights to cover the important areas.

The X-Pel on my Explorer is still holding up but Ford used this stupid shelf indent shape on the headlights so the film popped up a bit on those edges and is collecting dirt/dust but it is not going to just come off. X-Pel sticks on really well. Removal is easy with a heat gun and some adhesive remover.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Since we are talking about films, I recommend one for the touch screen as well. I managed to somehow scratch my SHO's screen so ever since then I put a film on the touch screen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts