1,238 Posts
This is all we have for adjustment...

Attachments

Reactions: DaMiFo

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The FSM also never mentioned the foglamp adjusters, but they exist. I'm very familiar with VOR/VOL cut-offs, but strangely I couldn't find the markings on our headlight lenses. The beam pattern for the LEDs never looked that great to begin with. My 2007 Mustang GT's halogens had a very dinstinct cut-off (H13, reflector) and even with a cheap LED retrofit, they were better than the Fusion Sport's factory LEDs.

I was driving the Fusion the other night and there's a severe lack of lighting power after having driven the 2018 Explorer for several weeks at night. I'm not talking about coverage or height, etc... its just that the Explorer's low beams have a sharp cutoff and there's a distinct hotspot. The Fusion's beam pattern look like a reflector halogen with a cheap LED retrofit, even my girlfriend's 2015 Malibu H11 halogens looked brighter.

But back to my question - I think my driver's side is aimed too far left (towards oncoming traffic). As I back out of the driveway to get to a position 25 feet away from the garage wall, I notice my left beam going a bit to the eft. The right beam isn't too bad and is still in position. It's a brand new car from the dealership and no signs of damage/repair to the front end. Might be sheet metal stamping issues compounding the horizontal alignment.

·
Super Moderator
1,238 Posts
They do have a fog light adjustment in the manual but haven't looked at it.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked all around the factory LED headlights and didn't see any SAE or DOT markings. Do you see any on yours?? My foglights have the markings. Usually the headlights will state the type of cutoff and year of the design.

·
Super Moderator
1,309 Posts
Mine has the DOT markings/print along the bottom of each headlamp (in the thinner section). It's much harder to see than the fog lamp assemblies tho, but it is there.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,309 Posts
I actually tried before I posted - it's that light. It's the same size, thickness, and font as the fog lamps, the lettering just seems to be very thin so super hard to read. I had to use my phone's flashlight and even then I could barely read it. I can try tomorrow if that's OK.

·
Super Moderator
1,238 Posts
Just looked and my 17 built late November of 16 only has the Ford logo.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine was built Jan 2017,only see a Ford logo. No alignment dot on the lens for the center of the beam either.

·
Super Moderator
1,309 Posts
Mine was Aug 2016. When I say the text is hard to read, I mean SUPER hard to read. Last night when I checked was the first I've seen it.

The end of the text was maybe 2" away from the little Ford logo.

No alignment marks are on the lens on mine either.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can you take a pic of your headlight and mark the general location of where the text is found?

·
Super Moderator
1,309 Posts
Here's an example/location pic (not to perfect scale, but positioning is the same). It's on the inside of the lens like the Ford logo is, and it's just about as close to the housing on the bottom as possible.

Like I said I'll try to get an actual picture once I get home tonight.

·
Super Moderator
1,309 Posts
OK here we go. It took some time with manual focus on my phone and some photo edits, but this is what is on my passenger-side headlight assembly.

DOT VOR SAE HL AI5PP2 17 FN

Reactions: ArthurUSCG

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks! I did manage to see it, you were right it is almost impossible to find it. I also have Xpel lens films. It they normally don't interfere with the etched text.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts