Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
You can also just get a small android tablet instead of changing your phone. They are pretty cheap.
I tried to load Android Auto on my Samsung Tab2 but it isn't available for it.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I tried to load Android Auto on my Samsung Tab2 but it isn't available for it.
Try sideloading it. Google androidauto apk and download separate of the Play store, enable unknown sources on the tablet and see if it installs that way.

·
Super Moderator
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
For you guys that are running OBD2AA for custom gauges on your head unit I'm playing with a performance layout. Keep in mind this data is ball park at best but it can give you a window into your performance and gains. If you guys are interested let me know and I will share the template export. This is the 1/4 mile version I am setting up an 1/8 mile version which will be a 3 gauge.

Reactions: El Beaner and G82FS

·
Registered
388 Posts
Sawyoir post on Facebook, what did you have to do to get it to work again?

·
Super Moderator
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Word on the street is this is back and functioning again as the developer has worked out the kinks to allow it to be white listed again. I haven't tried it since I still don't have my car back from the body shop but Straight forward. Install latest Android Auto, Install Torque Pro and OBD2AA and it should work. Follow link on original post to instructions.

Reactions: BlueTxSport

·
Registered
20 Posts
Word on the street is this is back and functioning again as the developer has worked out the kinks to allow it to be white listed again. I haven't tried it since I still don't have my car back from the body shop but Straight forward. Install latest Android Auto, Install Torque Pro and OBD2AA and it should work. Follow link on original post to instructions.
It does work, the only real difference in procedure is you have to 'start head unit server' in android auto before it will launch properly.

A little hassle but works every time

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
I was playing with it again tonight running the 5 Gauge Cluster. On my Boost Gauge (gauge #1 large center cluster gauge) I set the Use Arch Color for Test option and set the Warning Level 1 = 35/Warning Level 2 = 65, Now the arch sweep progressively goes from red to green as the boost increases. The numerical Boost PSI number does the same. Something else I noticed is my volume notifications display in the center larger gauge of the 5 gauge cluster. It looks pretty slick.

I need to test the import/export feature. Here is a link to my 5 gauge cluster setup if somebody wants to grab it and try to import it.
Importing works. Just set it up on my car. Awesome!

My IAT's are crazy high. I need to start modding...

·
Registered
723 Posts
Importing works. Just set it up on my car. Awesome!

My IAT's are crazy high. I need to start modding...

Full write up coming but FMIC dropped temps 20F all the way across and up to 70F while doing back to back pulls.

Easiest installation of all mods seriously and only $1k. Easy 10-20HP.

Reactions: Reidonly

·
Super Moderator
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Just got my car back and confirmed OBD2AA works again. Installed and running!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Nice! I really need to do this >.>

·
Super Moderator
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
OS update this morning and no gauges again... Working on reinstalling now.

·
Super Moderator
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Well it appears somehow I got into a ID10T loop and couldn't get out. Even after installing and reinstalling still HAD the issue. Emil scanned my debug log and but after reading his reply this morning's ALL IS GOOD!!!

Try to open Android Auto go to Settings -> Connected cars.If you have any car in Rejected cars use the 3 dotted menu to forget all cars.
Now make sure that add new cars to Android Auto is enabled.

AA didn't display any rejected cars but after clearing list anyway and making sure reject new car was OFF she cranked right up.

·
Registered
97 Posts
2 questions:
1. Does this still work?
2. How did you get your display screen to show the ST...mine doesn't do that on my FFS...unless that's not an FFS that you did that on?

·
Super Moderator
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
To my knowledge yes it still works and I set screen with FORScan.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on this although I don't like the Knock monitoring overall this is nice to have & definitely a visual improvement over staring at the bland BDX device screen all the time.
Here's my setup so far:

21 - 36 of 36 Posts