Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, yeah. I know 93 will get the best performance and 87 will be cheaper but will not perform as well. I’m mainly interested in if anyone has tested 91 or and grade octane with a small amount of e85? Not that I can’t afford the 93 octane, but I’m interested to see how the FFS performs on all octane ratings and fuel mixtures?!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Yeah, yeah. I know 93 will get the best performance and 87 will be cheaper but will not perform as well. I’m mainly interested in if anyone has tested 91 or and grade octane with a small amount of e85? Not that I can’t afford the 93 octane, but I’m interested to see how the FFS performs on all octane ratings and fuel mixtures?!
If you look in the PCM maps you can see that the engine adds a little timing for higher octane, so it can gain advantage even at stock up to 93 octane. I heard from a professional tuner that each octane number above 87 represents about 3 HP extra, but not sure how accurate that is.

The car definitely runs smoother on 93 than on 87. The gas is just smoother in this car. The power is more ready and available at all times.

If you really want to gain even more advantage from higher octane, though, you need a tune. But before you do that, make sure you're okay with losing the warranty coverage.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Some of us have Tunes for 93 and E30. There a few that have tunes for 91. I personally use 93 when daily driving. I have not had a chance to take the E30 to the track yet. E30 will give a little more power, but you will pay for it with reduced mpg.

Best time is 12.93 @ 106.43 on the 93 tune from Unleashed. Only been to the track once with the tune and made 4 pulls.

Dyno 408 hp in 4th with the 93 tune.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
I have tested 4 different tunes / octane
93 tune =12.96 LMS before mkz turbos
100 tune =12.72 LMS before mkz turbos
E30 tune =12.24 Unleashed after mkz turbos
93 Unleashed tune with mkz turbos 12.7 only street testing track is not open till December

1 - 4 of 4 Posts