Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, does anyone have any 4000lb and/or awd auto cross experience? A couple buddies at work mentioned running at an event in Waldorf MD June 10th so they gave me the info and I registered. Any tips would be terrific. I'm in the 3rd heat and should be able to get between 3-4 runs in. I hope to go slow and steady the first run then really see why the nice Contis can do. (Haha) Luckily the treadwear, weight and hp all give me a percentage towards a handicap (I believe that's how it works anyways) so we'll see how it goes. Ill record some dash vids but unfortunately don't have any external GoPro cam like the cool kids online.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing how it goes for you!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
With AWD and especially with a FWD bias, brake before entering the corners, don't brake during the corners (at least not hard). If you do, its gonna push and give a lot of understeer. Brake first, hold speed through the beginning of the corner, accelerate as you cross the apex. Other than that, its just like any other car.

And remember to push the little "S" button... :)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I just did an event Saturday. Car felt good. Decent control for 4K lbs car. My goodyears surprised me. Backend of the car does get squirrely but it's controllable. Only problem is the DS class you'll be in is tough.
If you've never done any before just have fun and don't hit cones.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Oh and traction control off and sport mode on. Don't worry about using the paddles.

Reactions: Airwelldone

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Oh and I made an error. It will be G street class. GS

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Fellas for the info. I look forward to walking the course prior to and getting a couple runs in.

Reactions: Donjohnk
1 - 8 of 8 Posts