Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been correcting my paint on and off for the past week or so, pretty much done and happy with the results for now, got about 80% correction with some deeper swirl marks left. This is a daily so i didn't bother going for perfection. However for the most part during compounding I would have to do at least 2 passes to correct to my level of satisfaction. Equipment used was a Harbor Freight DA, lake country orange pads, and griot's fast correcting cream. I feel like I probably should have ordered some yellow pads since i tried M105 as well and that still didn't cut any better than the griot's stuff. This was with a 3 inch pad as well so I could get into all the nooks and crannies. Anyone have experience with this paint and can confirm that it's harder than normal? I've never had this difficult of a time compounding before on my '05 Mustang and my wife's '14 Escape.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I always though the paints were soft on these cars. They sure chip easily.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
The 2010 SHO was featured with some kind of new paint that resists chipping. But I guess they stopped after 2010 because the SHO like the Fusion Sport chipped easily. I had a chip on the roof of the SHO that rusted fairly quickly as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts