Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago I had a POS Nissan with a fart can and a NISMO sticker try to whip around me, so I gave the Sport about 40% throttle and he couldn't pass me... until we were coming up on a yellow light which I stopped for and then he decided to run the red light. I am all for having fun, but not going to put people at risk.

On the same road tonight, I had a Subaru WRX (may have been an STI, but couldn't tell, it was dark and he was in my rear view) being a dickhead on a local road, it was empty, so I gave it a little gas and started leaving him behind. When it started we were just turning onto the road. So I was in front of him and let off the gas as I was already well over the speed limit. Well turns out, he wanted to keep being a dickhead, and tried to get around me, so I hit the gas again, and left him in my dust until I was at about 75 in a 40 and then I had to turn. So I started hitting the brakes and then he finally was able to get around me cause I was turning.

Man this thing is fun and sure as **** fast. Its going to get me in trouble...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Man this thing is fun and sure as **** fast. Its going to get me in trouble...
I told my wife, "This thing is a speeding ticket just waiting to happen." I haven't gotten one since the early 90's, but I think my time might be coming with this car.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Mine didn't even wait till I officially owned it to get me a ticket.... :eek:

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I tend to know where the cops like to sit around here since I make the drives often enough.

Reactions: 1153

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Yeah, I tend to know where the cops like to sit around here since I make the drives often enough.
I'm fairly familiar with the local law enforcement, too. Didn't do me any good, though.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I've been pulled over twice... in one week.... both times for window tint. SMH....

However, the first time I got lucky as I was toying with an Accord Sport on the highway and well... I'm sure you can put 2 and 2 together. He was sitting on the exit ramp as I approached, hit the binders hard and rolled by him. He pulled out behind me, followed me to the stop light... and the seizure inducing LED lights came on. I thought I was dead to rights... turns out he just wanted to piss me off and give me a non fix-it ticket for my window tint...:mad:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Twice in one week. That's rough.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I've been pulled over twice... in one week.... both times for window tint. SMH....

However, the first time I got lucky as I was toying with an Accord Sport on the highway and well... I'm sure you can put 2 and 2 together. He was sitting on the exit ramp as I approached, hit the binders hard and rolled by him. He pulled out behind me, followed me to the stop light... and the seizure inducing LED lights came on. I thought I was dead to rights... turns out he just wanted to piss me off and give me a non fix-it ticket for my window tint...:mad:
Honestly as a fellow michigander, I would love to have window tints but the cops are so hard on them it doesnt seem worth it. I had them on a previous car and got pulled over too many times to even bother now. What % of tints do you have? My last time having tints I had 20% all the way around, great during the day, horrible at night but after my third window tint ticket in a year, i just removed them. I was thinking of trying something like 50%.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Was thinking of adding the tint, but realized just not worth the hassle. At night especially in areas that have zero street lighting tint can be a bad thing. Judgement call ultimately......

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Was thinking of adding the tint, but realized just not worth the hassle. At night especially in areas that have zero street lighting tint can be a bad thing. Judgement call ultimately......
Well just remember NYS will be enforcing tint law as of Jan 1st with all auto inspections.

Reactions: qwerty3089

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I can add another car to this one. On the freeway last night, cruise set at 79, and a small coupe (I am thinking a Scion TC, but it was dark so I am not positive) was gunning it and slowing down, so I accelerated kinda hard, and beat him, but wasn't going to go too crazy. But apparently being shown he was slower wasn't enough for him, so as I was slowing down, I saw him coming up behind me, then moved over next to me, so I hit sport mode, and gunned it harder this time, and before I knew it I was at 108 mph and he was in my rear view for me to not see again. He went home with his tail between his legs.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Well I can add another car to this one. On the freeway last night, cruise set at 79, and a small coupe (I am thinking a Scion TC, but it was dark so I am not positive) was gunning it and slowing down, so I accelerated kinda hard, and beat him, but wasn't going to go too crazy. But apparently being shown he was slower wasn't enough for him, so as I was slowing down, I saw him coming up behind me, then moved over next to me, so I hit sport mode, and gunned it harder this time, and before I knew it I was at 108 mph and he was in my rear view for me to not see again. He went home with his tail between his legs.
Why on earth would a person driving a Scion TC be looking to race? That's just silly!

Reactions: 1153 and uncletatty

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Why on earth would a person driving a Scion TC be looking to race? That's just silly!
Same reason I had a Dodge Dart challenge me in my Mustang. Sad thing is once he did his fly by, it took me almost an 1/8 mile to pass him since I couldnt get traction. I hate cold weather.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also because just like any other ricer in a Honda Civic or similar type of car, they try to pull that crap with literally everyone including the grandma driving a 1992 Caddy.

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
263 Posts
WTF? Where do y'all live that cops hassle you for window tint? I've had 20% for every single car I've owned since my '89 5.0 and no issues.
Speeding tix, yes, but window tint????

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Had a chance to play around with a Challenger last night. Not sure exactly what sub model it was, but it at least had a loud exhaust and sounded good.

We didn't get to run from a dig, but I was impressed at how I faired in the several very informal 35-40mph rolling runs we made. If he got the jump, he'd be at my front bumper by the time my power came on, then about a car ahead by the time we shut down around 70. However, if I got the jump, I was at his front bumper until we shut down. Obviously if we actually did a honk start he would win every time from a roll, but the one 5mph roll we did, he got wasted. All I heard was 8 pistons pumping and tortured tires. He wasn't interested in a dig run after that.

I'm thinking he was pretty surprised by the Sport.

Reactions: Wildcat Birdie

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I am making the same trip today as I made last weekend, so we will see if anyone tries again today. I will keep you guys posted if it happens.

Bot, that was an R/T. The SE's can't keep up, and the SRT's blow us away. The R/T's really depend on a lot but we CAN beat them.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Well I am making the same trip today as I made last weekend, so we will see if anyone tries again today. I will keep you guys posted if it happens.

Bot, that was an R/T. The SE's can't keep up, and the SRT's blow us away. The R/T's really depend on a lot but we CAN beat them.
I assume it was an RT. Im sure i wouldn't be able to stay in front of an SRT even in the short runs we had. It did sound monsterous though, and and I was even a bit surprised by how I faired based solely on how strong his car sounded.

Maybe if i could hear my turbos, it would be more believable.

Reactions: Wildcat Birdie

·
Registered
176 Posts
I assume it was an RT. Im sure i wouldn't be able to stay in front of an SRT even in the short runs we had. It did sound monsterous though, and and I was even a bit surprised by how I faired based solely on how strong his car sounded.

Maybe if i could hear my turbos, it would be more believable.
From a dig, the sport will fare with the best of them, and even better with a tune, but on a roll? better choose wisely and hope she spools up quickly LOL

·
Registered
481 Posts
I told my wife, "This thing is a speeding ticket just waiting to happen." I haven't gotten one since the early 90's, but I think my time might be coming with this car.
I know the feeling this car is quiet when i look down and see almost triple digits it shocks me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts