Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Looks like my problem isn't some glitch... I had again same light for low pressure. Checked at service, first they say maybe because of low oil. So refiled. But now i had same problem again. Going to check at services. Maybe some more ideas what could be wrong?
Light comes after about 1h drive.
When light comes no safe drive (no low power). Everything works fine.
Oil refilled.
Hi Deidas. You "refilled" the oil? How low was it?

You ask in your earlier post "Should I take it back?". Not sure if you were asking if you should have it looked at or if you should return the car?

If you can return the car, I would seriously think about it. At least with the minimal information we have so far, it seems to have some sort of oil issue, since you are getting a warning light and also a low oil condition. If you can not "bring it back", but have any sort of warranty, you should have it looked at ASAP. Either way, it sould be diagnosed for any more serious issues and taken care of.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Looks like my problem isn't some glitch... I had again same light for low pressure. Checked at service, first they say maybe because of low oil. So refiled. But now i had same problem again. Going to check at services. Maybe some more ideas what could be wrong?
Light comes after about 1h drive.
When light comes no safe drive (no low power). Everything works fine.
Oil refilled.
After 1h drive, then idling, or after 1h drive while still driving? There is a difference.

Have you checked for DTCs?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Deidas. You "refilled" the oil? How low was it?

You mention in your earlier post about bringing it back. If you have any sort of warranty, you should have it looked at ASAP. Either way, it sould be dignosed for any more serious issues and taken care of.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.
It is not warranty anymore :/ . The oil was on minimum norm, so refiled to maximum norm. But it is not the problem :/

After 1h drive, then idling, or after 1h drive while still driving? There is a difference.

Have you checked for DTCs?
After 1h while still driving. If i stop and turn off engine. Error disappear and won't show again for some time.
And it is not like like i push the cart to the limit. I was driving all way 140km/h with cruise control.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Could be an oil pump. Could be a bad oil pressure sensor. Could be something else entirely, but I'd definitely carry a code reader and check for DTCs next time it happens. Like @bbf2530 said though, you want to get this checked as soon as possible by a mechanic because anything involving possible low oil pressure is a very serious situation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wednesday at Ford service will check diagnostic for code. And they will try to find the problem. The biggest question is how much, it could cost :/

·
Registered
745 Posts
It is not warranty anymore :/ . The oil was on minimum, so refiled to maximum. But it is not the problem :/

After 1h while still driving. If i stop and turn off engine. Error disappear and won't show again for some time.
And it is not like like i push the cart to the limit. I was driving all way 140km/h with cruise control.

Hi Deidas. The best blind Internet recommendation at this point is to have your Fusion looked at by a Ford Dealer or an independent shop/tech you trust. It could be something as simple as a bad sensor, or it could be the early warnings of a far more serious engine/oil related issue.

Good luck.

EDIT - I was typing as you and Engineer were posting your previous replies, so I had not seen them.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Wednesday at Ford service will check diagnostic for code. And they will try to find the problem. The biggest question is how much, it could cost :/
Hi Deidas. The best blind Internet recommendation at this point is to have your Fusion looked at by a Ford Dealer or an independent shop/tech you trust. It could be something as simple as a bad sensor, or it could be the early warnings of a far more serious engine/oil related issue.
Hi Deidas,

Everything that @bbf2530 just said, from me as well. But I also want to mention two things:

1. You shouldn't drive the car any more than absolutely needed. I wouldn't drive it at all if I could help it.
2. If you, at any time, see a flashing indicator on your dash instead of a steady-lit indicator, stop the car immediately and turn off the engine, and do not start it again until you can have it towed to the shop. A flashing indicator would mean that there is a critically severe problem and the vehicle is in serious, immediate danger (and possibly anyone in it, as well, depending on how bad things get). I am referring here to a constant-rate flash, not an intermittent flash (which might mean you're just on the edge of triggering the light).

If any of this isn't clear, again, like @bbf2530 said, I absolutely wouldn't recommend driving the car. I really don't anyhow, in its current condition.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Hi Deidas,

Everything that @bbf2530 just said, from me as well. But I also want to mention two things:

1. You shouldn't drive the car any more than absolutely needed. I wouldn't drive it at all if I could help it.
2. If you, at any time, see a flashing indicator on your dash instead of a steady-lit indicator, stop the car immediately and turn off the engine, and do not start it again until you can have it towed to the shop. A flashing indicator would mean that there is a critically severe problem and the vehicle is in serious, immediate danger (and possibly anyone in it, as well, depending on how bad things get). I am referring here to a constant-rate flash, not an intermittent flash (which might mean you're just on the edge of triggering the light).

If any of this isn't clear, again, like @bbf2530 said, I absolutely wouldn't recommend driving the car. I really don't anyhow, in its current condition.
Hi Deidas. I second all of Engineer's additional recommendations and warnings.

This issue may be nothing more than a bad sensor. But if it is a more serious oil supply issue, driving the car may cause a lot of expensive damage.

Keep us updated and good luck.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Hey, how is going with this problem? Is it fixed or it acquired again?
I am having the same problem, and only today bought a car. It is not new 2017m Fusion sport.
Should i take it back? Or it is just minor problem?
Sorry for the delayed response...but no I have not had the problem again since and did not have to replace anything. Hopefully you can get your issues figured out

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'17 Magnetic; Unleashed Tune, FMIC
170 Posts
Sorry for the delayed response...but no I have not had the problem again since and did not have to replace anything. Hopefully you can get your issues figured out

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
This makes me feel better. Took a 7hr road trip (one way) this weekend. Driving in to office this morning right as i'm about to get off the highway the oil pressure light comes on. Went through your exact series of events and all same results.

I'm halfway through my oil change interval and the service guy at the dealer spent 10 minutes explaining to me hot to check oil level properly since i'm apparently an idiot...then finally answered my question if they would top off oil if found to be low (it was a smidge).

He wanted to schedule appointment to scan codes...even though there aren't any. He then explained to me how there are hard codes and soft codes that I may not be able to see any indicators for...i'm so glad he knows cars better than I do. I would have been lost...

21 - 30 of 30 Posts