Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's play a game... it's called GUESS THAT PRICE

Here is how you play. I tell you a part and you guess the disgusting, ridiculous, criminal price that ford wants for that part.
Take into consideration that this is a 40,000 FORD, not a Bentley or Mercedes...

Rear view mirror assembly

GO!!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come on guys start spit balling numbers... you will all be amazed when I reveal the price

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK guys here we go I have posted a picture of the invoice on Our Facebook page and can hardly believe it myself this vehicle is no longer something I feel confident that I can own without a warranty... ever
The price of parts does not match with what I consider the value of the car and I will never be able to substantiate putting this type of money into a vehicle that was $40,000 when brand-new

The mirror assembly cost $2651.13

God help us all

·
Registered
491 Posts
The unanswered question is still whether you mean just the mirror itself or the entire assembly that some of us have on the windshield. That part has cameras, radars, sensors and other electronics in it so the price you gave doesn't seem all that outrageous if you are talking about the entire thing...

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I agree with G82FS. With all the gadgets that are in that thing, its not all that surprising. Now if that is without any sensors and such, and is literally just the mirror, thats a very different story.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Without any of the sensors it would be totally on feasible to have a mirror that price... but they're also sensors in the bumper and on the sides of the vehicle... not all the senses are held within the rearview mirror assembly but mine does include any sensors that the car would have... still seems like a fairly steep price for the rearview mirror assembly... this isn't a Mercedes... I also have a heated steering wheel, noise canceling microphone, cooled and heated seats, $800+ dollar wheels, and a very expensive windshield... a front end collision puts this thing in a junkyard for sure as far as an insurance company is concerned... a front end collision you can totally walk away from but can't drive away from will total a fully loaded car... I would bet money on it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts