Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Engineer and maydk65 - you guys are really throwing your brains at this problem! This is what an enthusiast forum ought to be!! Well done!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Engineer and maydk65 - you guys are really throwing your brains at this problem! This is what an enthusiast forum ought to be!! Well done!
That's one thing I love about this forum. There's so many really sharp folks on here, many/most of whom know way more than I do about this stuff. But we all just pitch in whenever we can. It's awesome. :cool:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
That's one thing I love about this forum. There's so many really sharp folks on here, many/most of whom know way more than I do about this stuff. But we all just pitch in whenever we can. It's awesome. :cool:
I totally agree. Thank you all so much for your help. I’m going to return to stock tune and just run premium 93 until I get the new plugs in. If that doesn’t work I guess I’ll have to take it to a shop. I think I’m also going to try to send my BDX back to SCT and see if they can fix it. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
One more thing... if I was getting knock/detonation wouldn’t my KR register it. My OAR has stayed -.96 and my KR never got over -1.89.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yeah if you were detonating, the knock sensors should have registered it and pulled timing. I've destroyed a sparkplug like yours via detonation back in the day, but it also melted a hole in the piston so it was pretty obvious something was wrong.

Now, that whole ground strap vibration thing is an eye opener. Makes me want to double check how tight I got my spark plugs last time I installed them!

·
Registered
658 Posts
One more thing... if I was getting knock/detonation wouldn’t my KR register it. My OAR has stayed -.96 and my KR never got over -1.89.
That's a really good point. What about if you're just too lean so the plugs are running hot and it's eating them up? Then you might not get knock but you'd get misfires eventually when the plugs got wrecked enough.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Very interested in your finding HootusHead sounds very similar to my cars problem

·
Registered
658 Posts
That's a really good point. What about if you're just too lean so the plugs are running hot and it's eating them up? Then you might not get knock but you'd get misfires eventually when the plugs got wrecked enough.
Actually it might even be better to start further back than that. What might make the plugs hot? Running too lean but also improper gap, fuel problems, (respectfully) tune issue, not sure what else.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
What plugs are you running the 6510 or ford racing units?

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
have you done a compression test on those affected cylinders just incase

Reactions: 01Cobra
41 - 52 of 52 Posts