Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought I would share what wheel locks that I went with for my factory wheels.
I got a set of "The System" locks in BLACK CHROME color.
I've used these on other cars over the years and like them a lot.
All (20) lugs are locks so they look good and don't affect your balance.
I got them off Amazon for about 45 bucks.

Shawn S

Here are a couple of pics ......

Attachments

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I bought these for my ST wheels

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
52 Posts
I like those. Cheaper than the McGuard ones too. It's hard to tell on those pics, but do they stick out from the rim much? That's what I didn't like about the McGuard ones. These apparently are 1/4" shorter though.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I wonder if they improved the key. I had these on my Mustang years ago and the key starting stripping. I did use impact wrenches though.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like those. Cheaper than the McGuard ones too. It's hard to tell on those pics, but do they stick out from the rim much? That's what I didn't like about the McGuard ones. These apparently are 1/4" shorter though.
I'll get a better picture when I get a chance.
They don't stick out too far. I had a car in the past that was like that.
It kinda defeats the purpose of a lock if you can take them off with a pair of channel-locks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wonder if they improved the key. I had these on my Mustang years ago and the key starting stripping. I did use impact wrenches though.
It's a pretty robust key, but I always remove & replace them by hand with a breaker bar and tighten with a torque wrench.
The only time I can't be sure of that is when I take my cars in for their annual inspections.
I always ask that they do it by hand, but you know how service tech's can be. :eek:

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
246 Posts
Could one of you guys that has this set do me a huge favor? It'll save me the trouble of ordering and having to send back if it doesn't fit.

Can you measure the outside diameter of the Key? the wheels I've got have a pretty tight hole where the lugs go in, tight enough that the stock lug nuts don't fit into them. I'm hoping that a set of these skinnier "spline" type lugs will fit into the holes in the wheels. However it would be really dumb to have lugs that fit, but then have a key that is too big to fit in around them to actually tighten them to the car.

I'm really hoping I can find a skinny-enough set of these lugs so I don't have to get rid of my beloved motegi wheels. I was pleasantly surprised that My old taurus and my new fusion share a bolt pattern, but then when I went to put on my wheels, my old set of chrome spline lugs from that car are 12mm, which obviously won't fit the 14mm on the fusion.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Just ordered my set. Should be here Tuesday. Can't wait to try them out! I think I should be safe on clearance. I'll find out very quickly!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just thought I would share what wheel locks that I went with for my factory wheels.
I got a set of "The System" locks in BLACK CHROME color.
I've used these on other cars over the years and like them a lot.
All (20) lugs are locks so they look good and don't affect your balance.
I got them off Amazon for about 45 bucks.

Shawn S

Here are a couple of pics ......
This is exactly what I'm looking for. I'm ordering them now.

Thanks for the review.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts