Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Turns out this isn't possible, for various probably very good reasons. Leaving this post just in case anyone in the future has the same question.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The previous owner's information is personal/private, there's really no one that will provide that to you.

I got lucky and got a copy of the previous title with my car so I know who owned it and where. The previous owner also left all of their favorite addresses saved in the nav - obviously I erased them all but good reminder to do the same before selling a car with nav.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah mine had a bunch of addresses stored in the nav too, I erased them all, then later actually did a full Sync Master Reset because I didn't want to take the chance they still had remote control of the car through FordPass. I think Ford is supposed to do that before they sell a car anyhow but it didn't look like it happened in my case, so from now on when buying a car I'll just make sure to reset the system if I buy it used.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Engineer, I'm curious why you think your car was a fleet car? I was lucky when I bought mine. My previous owner was a family member of my salesperson. He traded for a Explorer Sport.

As for the Nav system and addresses. Yes, the dealership/salesman, go through the reset of the touch locks on the door pillar, the remote access password, and reset of the navigation system with you. At least they did with me.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi @maydk65

A few reasons:

1. My CarFax showed it was a fleet vehicle originally but had no other information so that's why I was curious
2. My build sheet shows "With Clean Fuel Fleet Vehicle"
3. My Engine is listed as "Engine: 2.7L DOHC 4V DI GT V6 GAS/FFV" which seems a little odd--Flex Fuel? I didnt think any of these were flex fuel. The generic 2018 Fusion owners manual certainly doesn't mention anything about any of them being Flex Fuel, that I've ever seen. But it's there in my build sheet.

Anyhow it all made me a little curious. Plus I'm thinking why would the car be optioned with summer tires as a fleet vehicle? That seems strange to me too. But again, it's right there in my build sheet.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hi @maydk65

A few reasons:

1. My CarFax showed it was a fleet vehicle originally but had no other information so that's why I was curious
2. My build sheet shows "With Clean Fuel Fleet Vehicle"
3. My Engine is listed as "Engine: 2.7L DOHC 4V DI GT V6 GAS/FFV" which seems a little odd--Flex Fuel? I didnt think any of these were flex fuel. The generic 2018 Fusion owners manual certainly doesn't mention anything about any of them being Flex Fuel, that I've ever seen. But it's there in my build sheet.

Anyhow it all made me a little curious. Plus I'm thinking why would the car be optioned with summer tires as a fleet vehicle? That seems strange to me too. But again, it's right there in my build sheet.
Hi Engineer. I can not explain your #1 ("My CarFax showed it was a fleet vehicle originally...).

However, I can verify that #2 and #3 do not necessarily mean your car was a Fleet vehicle or Fleet ordered vehicle for the following reasons:

2. "My build sheet shows "With Clean Fuel Fleet Vehicle": The Build Sheet for my 2018 MKZ uses the same "With Clean Fuel Fleet Vehicle" wording. However, I factory ordered my MKZ and know it was definitely not a fleet vehicle.
3. "My Engine is listed as "Engine: 2.7L DOHC 4V DI GT V6 GAS/FFV": If I pull up the Build Sheets of other Fusion Sports, they all state "2.7L DOHC 4V DI GT V6 GAS/FFV". The 2.7L Fusion engine is classified as a "Flex Fuel vehicle", whether Fleet on non-Fleet.

Now, keep in mind that I am not stating your car was definitely not a Fleet vehicle, only that your #2 and #3 reasons do not mean it was a fleet vehicle.

Hope that makes sense. Good luck.

Reactions: Engineer

·
Super Moderator
1,305 Posts
Sometimes leases show as fleet vehicles (tho rare, it's possible). Another possibility is if someone bought and registered the car under a larger business even tho they used is as a personal vehicle (often seen as "Corporate Fleet" on some serves).

Reactions: Engineer
1 - 7 of 7 Posts