1 - 20 of 285 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
111 Posts
Cool stuff $139.50 ECS Tuning 800-924-5172 has them . 7 day lead time. Thanks Oreo, again!

·
Registered
820 Posts
So I ran across this while doing some research and thought it may actually be a good way to improve the factory electronic valve performance. While it doesn't VTA it is supposed to change the operational characteristics of the factory valve.

DV+ Performance Diverter Range : DV+ T9358 (Suits Mercedes, Ford and Volvo)

Full explanation of how it works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijVPz9mW4_A
Have you emailed them to confirm that it will fit?

It looks like it works on the 2.3 EB mustang, and we have the same BPV right?
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63054

·
Registered
111 Posts
I called ECS Tuning and talked to a tech. Told them about OUR group and they may see some interest in this set- up. He was going to see if the company would stock some to decrease lead time. Good stuff. They are a great bunch of guys too.

Reactions: lyee

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another video covering operation and basics...

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am getting one of these. It is really a thought out piece. It works like a MBOV on a centrifugal compressor. It never unloads completely ,in turn it (pressure) will recover way faster ,because you are not draining the system completely and have to build the pressure back up from nothing.. Used a system like this on my BMW 335i it did not dump to atmosphere . Really cool stuff. Been looking for this ,BUT Mr.Oreo beat me to it again. Happy Holidays.

·
Registered
400 Posts
They had me at "throttle response".

Reactions: Reidonly

·
Registered
333 Posts
Can someone post the source and part number for this? I have the Boomba BOV adapter, but from the videos I've seen on YouTube of this product installed on a variety of cars, it seems like it still vents to atmosphere, maybe just not as much. Would be very interested in getting one of these for my Sport.

·
Registered
111 Posts
YES ! throttle response is better because the air flow is still there., not gone completely, so recovery (pressure from boost ) is faster when you hit the gas pedal. The valve may open a little instead of all the way. I will see I am running a closed system now, but I do have a Steeda BOV, got tired of the swoosh sound for now.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Reactions: TomS and Thom1960

·
Registered
111 Posts
Go to page 1 of this tread see Buckets 1952 info ...$139.50 EZ to do. Right next to your master cylinder.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Went to ECS Tuning website, did a search on "GFB T9358", and ordered one of these. Total cost with ground shipping was $148, ship date of 3 Jan. Will be interesting to see if I notice any difference in how the car runs, especially at rolling start runs. There's a freeway onramp down where my house is in NC, has a slight elevation change and curve to the left. I usually turn left to get on this onramp, so I'm already rolling by the time I'm on it. I mash the pedal and the car just lunges forward, rushing towards the merge point, and I'm doing 80+ by the time I get there. After installing this, I'll take the same onramp, and do the same thing as a test. I'm hoping it'll accelerate faster and hold boost longer. I'll report my findings after I get it installed, hopefully in a few weeks.

Thanks for finding this item! Installation should be almost as easy as the Boomba BOV adapter, so just a few minutes with simple hand tools. Will find out soon enough!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Went to ECS Tuning website, did a search on "GFB T9358", and ordered one of these. Total cost with ground shipping was $148, ship date of 3 Jan. Will be interesting to see if I notice any difference in how the car runs, especially at rolling start runs. There's a freeway onramp down where my house is in NC, has a slight elevation change and curve to the left. I usually turn left to get on this onramp, so I'm already rolling by the time I'm on it. I mash the pedal and the car just lunges forward, rushing towards the merge point, and I'm doing 80+ by the time I get there. After installing this, I'll take the same onramp, and do the same thing as a test. I'm hoping it'll accelerate faster and hold boost longer. I'll report my findings after I get it installed, hopefully in a few weeks.

Thanks for finding this item! Installation should be almost as easy as the Boomba BOV adapter, so just a few minutes with simple hand tools. Will find out soon enough!
So, if you've got the BOV adapter you'll need new bolts or remove it. Which are you doing? If you leave it and get new bolts, let me know what size. ;)

·
Registered
333 Posts
So, if you've got the BOV adapter you'll need new bolts or remove it. Which are you doing? If you leave it and get new bolts, let me know what size. ;)
I'm going to remove the Boomba BOV when I install this piece. From what I can tell on the various videos I've seen on this adapter, it will still vent to atmosphere, just not as much, so I don't see the need to keep the Boomba unit installed. Plus, that will eliminate the need for longer bolts. I'll know for sure in a couple of weeks.

Reactions: BenNFtWorth
1 - 20 of 285 Posts