Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if r1 concepts sent me the right front brake rotors or not... It appears to be almost a floating rotor... if anyone has purchased r1 concepts geomet rotors please tell me if these look like the same design as yours not too concerned about the size as much as it being for our application

Attachments

·
Registered
992 Posts
Standard front rotor design on 13-19 SHO/Explorer Sport. Ford may have went back to a traditional design on the later SHO/ExSports for cost savings, but it debuted on the 13 SHO/ExSport for added cooling.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm not sure if r1 concepts sent me the right front brake rotors or not... It appears to be almost a floating rotor... if anyone has purchased r1 concepts geomet rotors please tell me if these look like the same design as yours...
Hi @Cobra427 , your new R1 Concepts front rotors look the same as mine, which were just installed last week. They work and look fine.

In installation, be aware that the left and right side rotors are different, with the direction of the slots. In your pictures, your file 20200511_123041.jpg would be the rotor for the driver's side (viewing your Sport from the driver's side, with your Sport pointed to the left).

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi @Cobra427 , your new R1 Concepts front rotors look the same as mine, which were just installed last week. They work and look fine.

In installation, be aware that the left and right side rotors are different, with the direction of the slots. In your pictures, your file 20200511_123041.jpg would be the rotor for the driver's side (viewing your Sport from the driver's side, with your Sport pointed to the left).
How have you liked them so far? I had to replace my rotors because I had warped them pretty bad. Hoping the added cooling features well help prevent that in the future with these brakes.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

The casting looks sooooooo rough on the inside.... Hope that's ok

·
Registered
199 Posts
How have you liked them so far? I had to replace my rotors because I had warped them pretty bad. Hoping the added cooling features well help prevent that in the future with these brakes.
I like the new rotors and pads just fine. They're smooth and quiet, with no hesitation or degradation with firm stops. And my Sport looks faster even when it's stationary.

However, I suspect that you know a lot more about rotors, pads, etc. than I do, so your standards may be higher then mine.

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
Make sure you do the bedding procedure!

When you are ready to brake in your new brake rotors and pads, please perform these procedures in an empty parking lot or street.

1. Engage hard braking at 40 mph. Do not come to a complete stop.
2. Go 50 mph and jam the brakes just to the point of engaging ABS all the way down to 10 mph. Do not come to a complete stop, repeat this process 4 times.
3. Then go 65 mph and slow the car down to 15 mph to finish it up.
4. Park the car and let the brakes cool down for 20 minutes.

Try not to have long gaps in between the hard stops and do not come to a full stop with the foot pressed hard on the brake pedals, as it will imprint the pad on the rotor which will cause vibration. You may notice a blue tint and dark grey color on the brake pad surface of the rotor as the brake pads are embedding into the rotor. You may even hear squeaking sounds, see smoke, or smell an odor; this is normal due to break-in period. It will take approximately 400-500 miles of moderate driving for the new brake pads to be fully embedded into the rotors which will then give optimal performance.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Anyone have any long-term corrosion results for the geomet coating?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts