Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Heya,

Crazy question. 2018 Sport on the way. Are there any performance mods out there that won't increase my expenses (consumables, fuel economy, etc)?

Another - are there any mods that will improve the comfort of the drive? Thinking pot holes, crappy roads & just handling in general.

Thx...

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
For mods it would be a dry filter like AFE which might help MPG by .5. The biggest performance gain would be a tune and depending on your driving style, you could see an increase in MPG.
As far as ride, the Sport rides great in D while its firmer in S mode. If your wanting more pothole protection then youll have to drop down to 18" wheels and tires for more sidewall.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I agree with vert. Sport is very comfortable

·
Registered
740 Posts
I have to say since I activated the CCD option I've only driven in comfort mode.

Reactions: Oreo

·
Registered
624 Posts
Heya,

Crazy question. 2018 Sport on the way. Are there any performance mods out there that won't increase my expenses (consumables, fuel economy, etc)?

Another - are there any mods that will improve the comfort of the drive? Thinking pot holes, crappy roads & just handling in general.

Thx...
If you figure out how to Mod your car without spending money please share lol.

Actually though, the following suggestion does do just that. Forscan mods are essentially free, and Ford built in a comfort setting in our suspension, just didn't give us access to it because we didn't pay for a Lincoln. Kind of like the extended battery range in a Tesla.

I have to say since I activated the CCD option I've only driven in comfort mode.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Forscan is wonderful. Being able to enable or disable little things to big things makes driving more enjoyable.

Reactions: Kevin74

·
Super Moderator
1,605 Posts
...and Ford built in a comfort setting in our suspension, just didn't give us access to it because we didn't pay for a Lincoln. Kind of like the extended battery range in a Tesla.
Our cars are in Comfort mode while in D, and using the Sport button skips to Sport suspension. The FORScan change gave us access to Normal suspension, and the ability to just change it separately.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought the CCD feature was always running? Ford advertises that, no?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Our cars are in Comfort mode while in D, and using the Sport button skips to Sport suspension. The FORScan change gave us access to Normal suspension, and the ability to just change it separately.
Sorry, change it separately vs what exactly?

Is there a FAQ somewhere I can read, that explains all this?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Heya,

Thx...
The sport comes with a feature that detects potholes. I live in Michigan and have already unintentionally encountered a few already and I must say that the feature works well. It's a weird feeling. When I smacked the pothole, the front wheel took most of the hit while the back wheel seemed to skip over it. But I also purchased the wheel and tire protection package for additional reassurance. So if I blow a tire or damage a wheel it's Ford's problem lol

·
Super Moderator
1,605 Posts
Sorry, change it separately vs what exactly?

Is there a FAQ somewhere I can read, that explains all this?
Normally, while the car is in D, everything is set to comfort. You can push the Sport button which sets everything to Sport (suspension, throttle, transmission, steering, sound) all together.

With this change, you can put the suspension in Normal or Sport modes separately from the throttle, transmission, etc., that way the car will handle better without having the engine revving like crazy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,605 Posts
I thought the CCD feature was always running? Ford advertises that, no?
Yes the CCD system is always active.

·
Registered
740 Posts
As the above post explains that's how the normal system works. When you enable the controls with Forscan you can independently control the suspension settings in Normal and Sport. When you activate the Steering option you can select the normal or firm settings in Normal. The option people are not aware of in the CCD is, is that you can select comfort, normal or sport. Comfort is a level available for the Lincolns I'm guessing. So, normal is not comfort. There are 3 levels to select. The default for CCD is normal or sport when you push the button.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Oh, RCMUSTANG's post lead me to believe the comfort setting was new to us. Would still like to keep her in COMFORT and be able to have steering in sport and trans in normal, which seems like is now possible.

·
Registered
624 Posts
As the above post explains that's how the normal system works. When you enable the controls with Forscan you can independently control the suspension settings in Normal and Sport. When you activate the Steering option you can select the normal or firm settings in Normal. The option people are not aware of in the CCD is, is that you can select comfort, normal or sport. Comfort is a level available for the Lincolns I'm guessing. So, normal is not comfort. There are 3 levels to select. The default for CCD is normal or sport when you push the button.
So to you the comfort setting feels different than our original normal mode. I would like this.

·
Super Moderator
1,605 Posts
Oh, RCMUSTANG's post lead me to believe the comfort setting was new to us. Would still like to keep her in COMFORT and be able to have steering in sport and trans in normal, which seems like is now possible.
No, stock our cars goes from Comfort in D to Sport suspension in S. So Normal is the new option for us. My guess is so we see a bigger change when we push the Same button.

The catch is, if the suspension is in Comfort or Normal, the steering is in Normal. If the suspension is in Sport, it forces the steering to be in Sport as well. If you change the steering back to Normal, it forces the suspension back to Normal. Doesn't give an error or anything, it just does it. Not sure if it's a bug or if the MKZ's do that too.

·
Registered
624 Posts
No, stock our cars goes from Comfort in D to Sport suspension in S. So Normal is the new option for us. My guess is so we see a bigger change when we push the Same button.

The catch is, if the suspension is in Comfort or Normal, the steering is in Normal. If the suspension is in Sport, it forces the steering to be in Sport as well. If you change the steering back to Normal, it forces the suspension back to Normal. Doesn't give an error or anything, it just does it. Not sure if it's a bug or if the MKZ's do that too.

Dang it, now I'm bummed again. The menus in the pictures posted sure make it look like they can be adjusted independently, therefore I didn't expect one change to "force" another.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Comfort isn't normal. It's much smoother than normal. Normal is the default on the Sport.

·
Registered
740 Posts
And when you enable the steering you can choose stiffer steering in normal mode separately.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts