Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my sport. So far love the car! Been watching videos and seeing how people are modifying theirs, and i have some questions.

I have obviously noticed the exhaust sound in the car, but went under a freeway overpass with windows down and couldnt tell if the exhaust even makes any noise outside. Anyone have a expirence being outside their car and someone driving it under hard acceloration and have heard these things stock?

Have seen people playing with stock resonator on/off /x pipe and so on. But what is inside the stock resonator? Is it straight through? Does it have a crossover built into it?

Just some ponderings ive had....

Thanks! Josh

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ha! Ya that was just tire noise mostly. I couldnt find a good video of stock hard accel. Theres a few out there but hard to realy tell.

Do you have any experience with the resonator?

·
Registered
481 Posts
these cars are basically whisper quiet stock all you hear is air rushing out of the exhaust lol

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
these jcars are basically whisper quiet stock all you hear is air rushing out of the exhaust lol
Thats what it seemed, the darn-golly mustang gt in the radio makes it hard to tell!
Im trying to plan my exhaust, i found someone who cut open the stock muffler. So i know what a mess is inside it.. havnt been able to find whats inside the resonator yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.