Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am currently working with CP-e on developing parts for the FFS. They are currently working on an intercooler. I was discussing with them the lack of available exhaust kits for the car. They said they would be interested in making one if there is enough interest. Who would be interested in doing a group buy for either a cat back exhaust setup or turbo back exhaust setup and what would you be willing to pay for it? If enough people are interested I will present a group buy idea to them and see if we can start working on it.

Thanks,

Karl

·
Registered
152 Posts
I would be interested, but that really depends on the end product. I'm not a fan of whats currently available, sound wise... and I think a huge part of that is the low displacement of the engine. If they can solve that problem, I'm absolutely willing to check it out.

The FuSport, IMO, should have an exhaust note similar to that of an AMG benz or something. Aggressive but not obnoxious

edit: I am totally down for some new down-pipes though!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Several are waiting for a better sounding exhaust along with DP's. I would be interested in turbo back exhaust, but I would want to know price and what gains are made before I commit.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Turbo-back, including high-flow cats to meet emissions, with near-zero drone and a good exhaust note would be worth $1500-2000 if done right.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I would really like a cat back system at this time but don't want to continue to wait. I have had my sport almost 1 year now and parts get released at a snails pace.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
all depends on the sound and possible performance gains, and then what the price is compared to that.

·
Super Moderator
1,523 Posts
I'd also be interested in a cat-back, but like others it really depends on how it sounds and especially if they can tune out the drone. Everything I've heard so far just doesn't sound like it fits the car. One person's custom exhaust was great, but that's all I've liked so far.

Reactions: WaterISWet

·
Banned
249 Posts
I'd rather have CPE make something along the lines of intercooler piping, intercoolers....major companies will be making exhausts and it's too easy to make your own custom exhaust.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd rather have CPE make something along the lines of intercooler piping, intercoolers....major companies will be making exhausts and it's too easy to make your own custom exhaust.
They are already working on an intercooler, just waiting on a time so we can test fit everything

·
Registered
1,018 Posts

Reactions: Bmckee40

·
Registered
96 Posts
Count me up in on the turbo back. That's exactly what I am waiting on.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm all for having more choices in the marketplace, so I'd be interested in seeing what they'd be able to do for our cars, but ultimately I doubt I'd be willing to lay down the money for what a quality turbo- or cat-back exhaust would cost.

I think I'll probably go down the custom exhaust route when I get to that point in modding this thing in a year or three, although I will be paying attention to any developments.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I too am interested in a new exhaust system however nothing on the market really interests me. They all sound too raspy. MRT is an example of what i do not enjoy.

·
Registered
89 Posts
As for exhaust with the 2.7 you will never get the great rumble of a V8 but I did a custom exhaust on My 2.7 F150 and it sounded nice - it was a cat back and we installed duel exhausts pipes and increased size to 3 inch - Looking under the FFS looks like it will be a lot tougher and more expensive to do (my guess is over 1500) - If you look at y tube under Lou's Custom Exhaust they have video with sound of the F150 - I also agree on MRT being terrible - fart cans on rice eaters example

·
Registered
54 Posts
I would love a cat back, I have a custom exhaust now, it sounds good. But the way it is set up is restricting and I want a true full cat back. As long as there is no drone, It needs to be quiet when cruising.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'd be interested in a cat back as long as it sounds deeper than what people have done so far. Everything out there right now sounds like a 4-cyclinder. I don't expect v8 sounds, but something more in line with the G35's/350Z's would be nice.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I don't think mine sounds like a 4 banger. Axle back with cherry bomb glass packs and a crossover tube. I have it posted in my thread.

Reactions: mantra1

·
Banned
249 Posts
As for exhaust with the 2.7 you will never get the great rumble of a V8 but I did a custom exhaust on My 2.7 F150 and it sounded nice - it was a cat back and we installed duel exhausts pipes and increased size to 3 inch - Looking under the FFS looks like it will be a lot tougher and more expensive to do (my guess is over 1500) - If you look at y tube under Lou's Custom Exhaust they have video with sound of the F150 - I also agree on MRT being terrible - fart cans on rice eaters example
f150 uses different turbos and layout though so can't really compare the two

1 - 20 of 21 Posts