Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a little box show up today from GarageLine!

In it were some spacers that actually fit our Sport with M14 studs! This kit is 25mm rear and 20mm front. The fit and finish seem to be pretty top of the line. They all slipped right over the hubs and bolted down with zero issues. My front hubs has some slight rusting residue, so I took a rag and some PB Blaster to wipe that away. The black finish on them seems like a pretty good quality PVD finish. Overall, I am very happy with how they transformed the stance of the car. I will get some better pictures when the rain goes away this weekend.

Before Pics:

Now for some during:

Nice little instruction sheet:

And some after shots:

·
Registered
206 Posts
From some angles it looks perfect, other angles look like it's a bit more than I (personally) would choose. Either way, it seems to be a solid addition to the car.

What's a set cost and any information about the material they use? Generic steel, aluminium, 4140, 6160, etc? I happen to be standing beside a nice, capable Mazak QTN 350-II MSY lathe... ;)

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, pics are a little weird, I think you'll get a better visual if I can get some better angles from a little further away in better lighting.

This taken from their site from a spacer from another car, but I assume that the particulars are the same.

"GarageLine Wheels Spacers are made from billet aluminum turned on a HAAS CNC Lathe and Mill, each component is made with a precision that is unmatched by any competitor. A best of show quality black anodizing is the only finish to stand out better than all of the rest. These are made for the specific customer that wants only the highest quality materials and manufacturing processes. We use strong minimum class 10.9 heat treated to ensure you have the proper strength studs holding your wheels on your car. Also includes the proper sized hubcentric ring for a true wheel rotation and smooth riding."

·
Registered
246 Posts
They give the impression of a solid, quality product. Not really my cup of tea either, but if its what you're going for, it looks like a good choice.

A word of caution; I've already got some small paint chips on the leading edge of the rear fender from either stones or salt being thrown by the front wheels. With the wheels pushed out that far, you're at a greater risk of throwing stuff at the back of your car. You might want to fit some small mud flaps or some of that clear protection film in front of the back wheels.

just something to think about/look out for.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good point. Our roads in spring and summer are fairly rock free here so I'm not too worried about that. I also rarely if ever visit any gravel roads!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Oh nice, that's how it was when I lived in Columbus. Street sweepers were out every other Thursday from April to October keeping the roads clean, although the potholes and the patches were another story...

I'm in the same boat now with my summer wheels on. They have a lot less backspacing than the stock rims so they stick out about the equivalent of 20mm spacers, so I'm not far off!

Its not a look I was ever going for, but I think its already growing on me pretty quickly. To my eyes it makes it look like a hot wheels car, or an RC car with the antenna (which I love!), so that's pretty cool. Maybe its because I've just never had a sporty car to try this look on.

I am already looking for some mud guards though. lol

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Vinny, yeah, so you are the same in the front and 5mm shy in the back *roughly*.

I haven't taken any pics yet from straight on from the front and rear, but I noticed that I really liked how it looks from behind with the tires sticking out further. More aggressive / wider stance. Pics to come this weekend. Work has been a bit busy this week.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ike: how did you order these? It's not listed on their website and they never return an email

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lots of patience.. I've been working on them since February I think about spacers for the Sport. Then a month or so back they told me they had their first set in for the Sport and asked me if I would like to try them out. I said absolutely! And about 4 weeks later it came to fruition. Hopefully they will get them on their site soon though.

I think the part numbering will go a little something like:
FST-25 for a 25mm spacer
FST-20 for a 20mm spacer

Unfortunately that's about all I know at this point. I'll keep on them though.

·
Registered
263 Posts
10 4

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quick wash and outside for some more shots! Also re torqued the nuts again. Only found a few that needed another 1/8th turn to get to 85 ft/lbs.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
That was on the GarageLine install guide. I'll go torque them up to 100 ft/lbs!
Do not torque them higher than what the spacers call for. you could cause issues. Factory is 150, but you should only do what the manufacturer says, and you don't want to over torque the spacers and cause an issue with them

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Do not torque them higher than what the spacers call for. you could cause issues. Factory is 150, but you should only do what the manufacturer says, and you don't want to over torque the spacers and cause an issue with them
Looking at their guide, they said refer to the factory manual, theirs is just a rule of thumb. So, I'd go with 100.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Looking at their guide, they said refer to the factory manual, theirs is just a rule of thumb. So, I'd go with 100.
OK. I just saw that you said it said 85, so I thought that was their specs.

Reactions: ike

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Stay with their specs Ike, I read there instructions. Dont go by the trucks specs

·
Registered
206 Posts
That is a substantial amount of torque - way more than I would have expected. I would have guessed 65-80 ft lbs.

Either way, my torque wrench will handle that. I paid way more than I should have for as little as I use it, but I absolutely love it, so whatever. It's a SnapOn ATECH3FR250B - I wish they would have had the green/black chrome combo when I bought it though!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts