Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though I leased my FuSpo a mere 4 months ago. I'm already thinking about the future. Im only 22 but Im a bigger guy so more space always helps, even though Im not cramped at all in the FuSpo. I'm leaning toward a SUV for the next go around, but not trying to sacrifice the power. When I first started the lease, some tpms sensors had to be replaced so I had a F-150 with the 5.0 for a day and I loved it the noise and the power it generated was just plain fun. My father has an expedition and there was just something about driving that often that gave a sense of command on the
road. I have always been more of an suv guy than a car but the FuSpo was just better priced for the amount of power I wanted at the time. Does anyone have experience with the Explorer Sport? And any other fast SUVs? Im leaning towards those after the lease it up. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
91 Posts
The Edge Sport has the same 2.7L TT as the FS just slightly de-tuned but is very similar in speed/acceleration when tuned. I'm not familiar with the Explorer Sport but it's quite a bit larger and more expensive. I'd consider a used Jeep SRT8 if the Edge Sport is too small for you. A new Jeep SRT8 isn't even in the same ballpark price wise, thus the used recommendation. :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Edge Sport has the same 2.7L TT as the FS just slightly de-tuned but is very similar in speed/acceleration when tuned. I'm not familiar with the Explorer Sport but it's quite a bit larger and more expensive. I'd consider a used Jeep SRT8 if the Edge Sport is too small for you. A new Jeep SRT8 isn't even in the same ballpark price wise, thus the used recommendation. :)
Thank you for the input! A Grand Cherokee SRT is my dream vehicle, I've been trying to convince the pops to get one, but he's dead set on a corvette at the moment, but sadly when I was looking it was still a bit too much even used for the SRT. And I'd have to have a new body style. Did a casual race against an older one the other week and just flat out beat him off the line and for a little while afterwards. The edge sport, is something I could never seem to like, the shape of it, to me is not that pretty, and due to it being a smaller suv so I never considered it. When it comes time, my price point is going to have to be around 28,000 if the vehicle were to be used. There is also, the side of me wanting the new Mustang, throwing an exhaust on it and just making it scream. I guess that's why I chose the FuSpo, space, power and it's potential in the aftermarket world. Looking at certified explorer sports they are roughly in that high 28 range, so thats why I had them in the question, and their tuning potential is also very high. I have done a lot of research on everything in that price point, read almost every article written about the vehicles in the price range. But I am just so torn on to go the big, fast suv, or to go the two door, rwd route. I guess I'm getting a little bored of the four door sedan. Because I did have a 2010 Fusion Sport before this, with a tune, CAI, resonator delete. Just wanted to see if anyone had real life experience rather than all of these journalist articles. Thanks again!

Reactions: cyclone87

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Thank you for the input! A Grand Cherokee SRT is my dream vehicle, I've been trying to convince the pops to get one, but he's dead set on a corvette at the moment, but sadly when I was looking it was still a bit too much even used for the SRT. And I'd have to have a new body style. Did a casual race against an older one the other week and just flat out beat him off the line and for a little while afterwards. The edge sport, is something I could never seem to like, the shape of it, to me is not that pretty, and due to it being a smaller suv so I never considered it. When it comes time, my price point is going to have to be around 28,000 if the vehicle were to be used. There is also, the side of me wanting the new Mustang, throwing an exhaust on it and just making it scream. I guess that's why I chose the FuSpo, space, power and it's potential in the aftermarket world. Looking at certified explorer sports they are roughly in that high 28 range, so thats why I had them in the question, and their tuning potential is also very high. I have done a lot of research on everything in that price point, read almost every article written about the vehicles in the price range. But I am just so torn on to go the big, fast suv, or to go the two door, rwd route. I guess I'm getting a little bored of the four door sedan. Because I did have a 2010 Fusion Sport before this, with a tune, CAI, resonator delete. Just wanted to see if anyone had real life experience rather than all of these journalist articles. Thanks again!
Well, its good to see that you have a price point with your young age and being responsible. With me being a car guy, I had a way to expensive car when I was 22 since I thought I need the newest best thing. I think for 28K, you ephod be able to find a used Edge or explorer sport.
One a side note, did you see the Hennessey tuned a trackhawk and it does 0-60 in 2.9sec. That's moving for a 5300lb suv.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, its good to see that you have a price point with your young age and being responsible. With me being a car guy, I had a way to expensive car when I was 22 since I thought I need the newest best thing. I think for 28K, you ephod be able to find a used Edge or explorer sport.
One a side note, did you see the Hennessey tuned a trackhawk and it does 0-60 in 2.9sec. That's moving for a 5300lb suv.
I did splurge a little bit on the Sport, I got it fully loaded because, I was able was to obtain a decent Accounting job out of college, thought I deserved something nice, and I was dying to try the Sport out bc of the specs it was putting down, plus the sleeper status! But the next one I don't need all the features such as active park, etc, ive never even used the active park. But in regards to the Trackhawk, my god, did they create a beast! Along with the new Durango SRT, i think Ford should just go all out with an SUV just once. Ford makes their exhausts too quiet. I understand there's regulations, but Dodge doesn't seem to have that issue with the upteen amounts of Charger and or Challenger trims, making their cars sound mean. The Sport had a lot of potential out of the factory. But thats what tuners and the aftermarket is for.

Reactions: cyclone87

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I daily drove SUV's for many years, but I can no longer
deal with how they handle. There is not much you can do
when one type of vehicle has a COG, a foot higher, than the
other type.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts