Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
I literally have wanted to do this as well can you post video/pics of install process?? Wow that looks slick.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Also what additional parts did you use, how is it powered, what happens if you need to physically hit the power button on the iPad? Are there any rattles? Did you have to get new trim pieces or did you cut your existing ones? Is this reversible or did it require modifying something permanently?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Also what additional parts did you use, how is it powered, what happens if you need to physically hit the power button on the iPad? Are there any rattles? Did you have to get new trim pieces or did you cut your existing ones? Is this reversible or did it require modifying something permanently?
All I could see while reading your post...

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'd miss the hard buttons, but...

How does it connect to SYNC? Does the stereo route through Bluetooth or hardline? Can you use the steering wheel buttons too?

·
Registered
682 Posts
I'd miss the hard buttons, but...

How does it connect to SYNC? Does the stereo route through Bluetooth or hardline? Can you use the steering wheel buttons too?

He kept the sync display and put it below. It will act as it would stock. You could hard line a 3.5MM jack to the aux port or use bluetooth. I doubt the sound quality would be noticeably different. Essentially it looks like you would use the sync monitor just for climate and then use the tablet for, guages/obd2 scanning, media, apps, etc.

I am concerned what happened to the 2 vents, are they being rerouted or just closed off? I don't know how much that is going to throw off the cars ability to heat/cool and I def. wouldn't want hot air blowing on my tablet if it is open behind.

·
Registered
682 Posts
That is sweet so where is the step by step with pictures and stuff?

I was going to to this but leave everything alone and put a 4" screen in the space below where it's empty stock. Then connect an old phone or raspberry pi to it for always on gauges. I guess we just have to decide if his way is worth losing our vents and mechanical buttons for climate/radio. I would be very hopeful he shares pictures/videos.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Wow. Amazing job. Fits perfectly.
Have you lightened your seat colour or is it just the light?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Fusion ipad Pro 12'' upgrde

Hi DetroitFS, Glad you liked the install, i will send some quick youtube videos to demonstrate the function , I re-directed the vents to the top windshield and sides, was very impressed with how well this actually worked still excellent air flow quality , for some reason i am unable to send youtube links says my post count must be greater? will try again later thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, DWYKE , glad you liked it ! cant post the video link yet i think i need 15 posts or more you can search youtube under : ford fusion ipad i just did a couple quick videos to denomstate

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you glad you liked it, i am having trouble posting links etc i did a couple videos just search you tube for ford fusion ipad and it shoul pop up. Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi disciple83, yes all steering wheel buttons and features are maintained, it is integrated into sync3, the ipad pops out so you can use it elsewhere but when it is plugged in to the car just like any other iphone or ipad it shows up under music sources in the sync system so you can play the music / sound in the car speakers etc. and it charges also while in the dash. they said i cant post video links yet but search you tube for: ford fusion ipad and you will see them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Oreo, Thanks, they said i can't post video links yet but search you tube for: ford fusion ipad and you will see them. it is just a demo i am not a youtuber but will try to make more videos

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you ! I re-directed the vents to the top windshield and sides, was very impressed with how well this actually worked still excellent air flow quality. Ford has the best AC systems out of all the cars i ever owned. here is a link to a video demo i did

·
Registered
682 Posts
Along the edge bezels of the iPad, any thoughts to wiring the stock mechanical buttons, it looks wide enough. The LED cutouts will be tough to get perfect.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts