Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
I know what you are talking about, my car did that too where it felt like it wasnt getting full power and the power was surging on and off, I believe this is where the IAT's start to skyrocket and the computer starts to pull timing so the engine doesnt see knock. Now with the FMIC upgrade my car pulls hard the whole time without any surging.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know what you are talking about, my car did that too where it felt like it wasnt getting full power and the power was surging on and off, I believe this is where the IAT's start to skyrocket and the computer starts to pull timing so the engine doesnt see knock. Now with the FMIC upgrade my car pulls hard the whole time without any surging.
Can you post a log? I don't think it's related to timing or IATs. Vbox data shows the 60-70 is a smidge slower then 70-80 which doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I can post my most recent one once I get back to the office, its 0-100+ but it shows what you ask

·
Registered
58 Posts
woops here is the file, had to put it into a zip

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
woops here is the file, had to put it into a zip
Thanks, your graph is very "jagged" compared to mine (odd...)

But it also appears that the Fusion "dull" spot is 55-65 mph once you hit 3rd?

Mine is like 70-80

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks, your graph is very "jagged" compared to mine (odd...)

But it also appears that the Fusion "dull" spot is 55-65 mph once you hit 3rd?

Mine is like 70-80

That graph does look kinda odd. Once it shifts to 3rd it does feel flat for a split second.

·
Super Moderator
1,312 Posts
Sorry guys work has had me tied up. What are we looking for? This run is 0 - 92.04 with a 2475rpm launch. Wheel spin can be seen at start of graph.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry guys work has had me tied up. What are we looking for? This run is 0 - 92.04 with a 2475rpm launch. Wheel spin can be seen at start of graph.

Yup, there is that hump I am talking about, right after 3rd gear... that is exactly what I see on my end also. Okay so that validates my assumption and now I need to figure out how to get rid of it >:)

·
Super Moderator
1,312 Posts
Same image with Trans Trbn Spd overlayed as well.

·
Super Moderator
1,312 Posts
After reviewing all data collected during this run I found the Variable Valve Timing Intake on bank 1 & 2 mirror the hump or vice versa... This is shown in the black line w/yellow shadowing. Banks 1&2 overlay tightly.

·
Registered
293 Posts
After reviewing all data collected during this run I found the Variable Valve Timing Intake on bank 1 & 2 mirror the hump or vice versa... This is shown in the black line w/yellow shadowing. Banks 1&2 overlay tightly.

Is there shift data in your log? Maybe that first small rpm decrease is torque convertor clutch and then the big drop is second? And then do to load the variable cams are doing what they are supposed to be doin?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts