Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks, been meaning to post something like this for a while now. I have put some cheap eBay exhaust cutouts on the fusion and figured I’d share some videos and create an area for anybody with cutout questions to throw them out there. I know Skipe has also done these and was my main inspiration on the placement. Mine aren’t nearly as pretty but that’s what happens when you’re an amateur welder.
Note - the videos are from when the setup had a small leak, since been fixed, changed the sound very slightly

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Still working good, I however broke the T bolt on the right turn down pipe a couple weeks ago when I changed my RDU, need to order a new V band clamp so I can put it back on.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Flux core is not the way to go, but if that's all you have, make it work. I bought stainless pipe for mine and a spool of SS wire, that way if I have something at work I need to weld with stainless I can just get it out and swap the spools.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Flux core is not the way to go, but if that's all you have, make it work. I bought stainless pipe for mine and a spool of SS wire, that way if I have something at work I need to weld with stainless I can just get it out and swap the spools.
yeah it sucks, but i normally do small beads, keep the metal cool, sometimes I’d get blobs but the grinder does those justice

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
We've got a 25,000 dollar welder at work that does it all. I can weld steel, aluminum, or silicon brass at the same time, and if I want to bust out the tig, I can do that. It's a hell of a welder once you get it set up right.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We've got a 25,000 dollar welder at work that does it all. I can weld steel, aluminum, or silicon brass at the same time, and if I want to bust out the tig, I can do that. It's a hell of a welder once you get it set up right.
Yeah bit outa my price range. I bet it lays dimes tho. My welder was free.99. Plus all you gotta buy is the wire. But it doesn’t handle thin stuff well at all.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
It's pretty nice, big thing is it will weld just about anything to a point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts