Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as a collective group I'd like information from all of you... do you guys think that the fit and finish of our vehicles including all of the combined electrical, engine, and other issues that have been occurring with our cars is better or worse than average for a vehicle? I stretch to say new vehicle because most of the components window switches, etc... are not model specific to the sport... but to ask it real short... does the ford fusion sport have more issues than most vehicles?

Opinions?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Go to any forum, and you will see plenty of issue threads. Read automotive news and every week you hear about a new recall of X brands vehicles for such and such a problem. All things considering, this car has an electrical issue that plagues some vehicles, and once it is fixed, you will see the number of active people on this forum drop, as it always does. Is this worse than some? Yes. Is it the worst? No.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just a vocal group here and that's a good thing.

Seems like a lot of the owners on here are current or former gearheads as well.

Outside of one isolated limp mode that has not reappeared the car has been rock solid. Keeping an eye out for the battery issue but so far no problems.

Overall I'd say this is on par for first model year runs with ford. Dodge Chevy and others have run into this on various platforms as well. As long as Ford continues to work through resolution.

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
481 Posts
IDK. We have had the issues for sure, but a place like this attracts them so, I don't think it's as bad as it looks. I am a lucky one and haven't had any so far. But, I expect I may. Not going to fret about it.
Go to any forum, and you will see plenty of issue threads. Read automotive news and every week you hear about a new recall of X brands vehicles for such and such a problem. All things considering, this car has an electrical issue that plagues some vehicles, and once it is fixed, you will see the number of active people on this forum drop, as it always does. Is this worse than some? Yes. Is it the worst? No.
couldn't of said it any better my self.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I must say at 6700 miles I haven't had much issues at all except a bad battery, which I replaced myself to a much better one and didn't want to waste a day at the dealer and it's been rock solid since. I own and have owned many other cars not branded by any one, I have a Ram and a ST which I have not had much go wrong, except the ST another bad battery and replaced it with a much better rated battery out of pocket, now a days there is so much technology crammed in these car's it's really amazing they work as well as they do? Just look at the cell phones today, I have had at least one a year fail on me, and have tried many brands, I really think the manufactures really put 10lbs in a 5lb bag and hope for the best LOL, and our computers now, they are retired in 3 years with the technology advancing as fast as it has, they are a dinosaur by 5 years. All in all I really like the features, the comfort and for sure the quickness that the FS has , I really enjoy driving it.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Just clicked over the 14,000 Mile Mark today with no issues. Maybe I am just crazy lucky. I don't know. But I am loving the car every mile. Except the miles spent in traffic with the accelerator pedal hardly being utilized!

·
Registered
181 Posts
We have had the battery issue as many others but the car is rock solid and a joy to drive. I wasn't looking for a hot rod but was looking for a daily driving sedan that puts a smile on your face every time you start it up. This car does it in spades for me. As for all the electronics the car has I think for reliability it is in the middle of the pack, not the top and not the bottom.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I must say at 6700 miles I haven't had much issues at all except a bad battery, which I replaced myself to a much better one and didn't want to waste a day at the dealer and it's been rock solid since. I own and have owned many other cars not branded by any one, I have a Ram and a ST which I have not had much go wrong, except the ST another bad battery and replaced it with a much better rated battery out of pocket, now a days there is so much technology crammed in these car's it's really amazing they work as well as they do? Just look at the cell phones today, I have had at least one a year fail on me, and have tried many brands, I really think the manufactures really put 10lbs in a 5lb bag and hope for the best LOL, and our computers now, they are retired in 3 years with the technology advancing as fast as it has, they are a dinosaur by 5 years. All in all I really like the features, the comfort and for sure the quickness that the FS has , I really enjoy driving it.
What battery did you replace it with?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Battery drain issue notwithstanding, there's not much I can complain about. Do I wish the interior gaps lined up better? yeah. Do I wish the one speaker grille didn't buzz at certain frequencies? yeah. Do I wish the trunk closed tighter so the tail lights would line up? yeah. On the whole, its still a fusion. Its a class competitive non-premium midsize sedan... You have to look at it for what it is.

The price premium for the sport (before adding options) is paying for the romping great engine they stuffed under the hood and the engineering it took to put it there and make it run. This car falls right around the average purchase price of a new car in the US, so long as you don't add all the (unnecessary, IMO) options, and comes pretty well equipped, even in "base" form.

its pretty, its fast, its comfortable and quiet. I still recommend it to those who ask, just not too much. I like that I've only seen a few sports, and none of them in anything but black, white or grey. And hardly any '17s at all in blue.

·
Super Moderator
1,290 Posts
This is my 3rd fusion and how things are stacking up so far...

2010 3.0L SE - had the throttle body issue repaired under warranty, Module went out at 120K, Drivers door release handle broke 125K (daughter still driving car)

2013 2.5L SE - No issues, none, nada, zip... (owned 3 years sold to nephew with 80K on it)

2017 2.7L Sport - Dead battery issue (twice), Window issue, Blank back up camera screen (may be related to dead battery issue) (since Dec 22, 2016)

So there is my running tally comparison. Now I have taken these issues in stride however my wife feel this has been a lot of trouble with a new $35K vehicle. The one thing that has sort of made this bearable is that my Ford dealer is pretty darn good and takes care of us. Even to the point of pulling a head/modules unit from a new car they unloaded off the delivery trailer to get mine repaired and in back to me instead of having me wait for the part to come in. (If I remember correctly the part was on National Back-Order).

I should note that our previous two Fusions were just SE versions and didn't have all the extra fancies we added to this one. These car are more and more like computers system and networks and like anything I believe firmware, coding and updates will resolve the majority of the issues we are seeing. IMHO

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
176 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Getting ready to hit 16,000 miles I have had a few issues. The windows r always a issue. Nothing major though. No battery or ptu issues so I think so far I still love this car. Quiet fast looks good with tinted windows and comfortable. Would definitely recommend.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I haven't made my purchase yet, but I totally agree. Most people who came on this forum found it due to the issues, especially the electrical ones. I guess some will leave, some will stay due to wanting to mod their vehicles.

On a percentage scale, I'd say the only one that stands out is the electrical issues. I'm sure it's not just people on this forum that have had it. I checked out AutoTrader and checked the free carfax's of used Fusion Sports. It's insane the amount of "battery replacements" and "battery checks" per vehicle on that list is up there.

The oil issues (burning smell, leaks, etc) is it safe to say vehicle built after Oct 1, 2016 have had it rectified? For people that had parts replaced for the oil issues, are they likely to have an issue again? Or have the parts rectified the issue?

·
Registered
176 Posts

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,290 Posts
Well I can't edit y post to add my Tire Pressure Monitor System Issues to my 2017 Fusion Sport List of issues. (Pop's post reminded me in another thread) ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,290 Posts
Getting ready to hit 16,000 miles I have had a few issues. The windows r always a issue. Nothing major though. No battery or ptu issues so I think so far I still love this car. Quiet fast looks good with tinted windows and comfortable. Would definitely recommend.
Did you get your window issue resolved? Mine were driving me nuts until I reset then with this procedure.

1. Lift and hold the switch until the window is fully closed, then release the switch.
2. Lift the switch again for one more second.
3. Press and hold the switch until the window is fully open, then release the switch.
4. Lift and hold the switch until the window is fully closed.
5. Open the window and try to close it automatically.
6. Reset and repeat procedure if the window does not close automatically.

Reactions: Bmckee40 and Rice

·
Registered
296 Posts
I never got the windows figured out and will try your reset procedure. Need to take it in for something else so if it doesn't work I'll make sure they fix it. Thanks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts