Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was surfing the web and came across some images i thought i'd like to share. Not necessarily 17 FFS but thought they were worth sharing for body mod inspiration. Found a photo shopped "ST" which has me looking at badges for the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
A couple of them appeared at SEMA and I wish they would come out with some appearance mods. I have heard of one company that's making a grille for the 17 fusion.

·
Registered
136 Posts
They make our car in an ST variant but it's only sold overseas as the Mondeo ST. It's more of an appearance package than anything else. But still cool looking. Only comes in a liftback or wagon :)

·
Registered
899 Posts
I might be in the minority, but the Fusion wagon looks sooo much better then the sedan. I kept hoping that Ford would pull it's head out of its ..... and bring the wagon to the USA.

I am also one of the odd people that wanted to do a SHO swap to my gen2 Taurus Wagon.

·
Registered
136 Posts
What the fusion sport is today but in a wagon platform is all I've been wanting from a US auto manufacturer. Ford seems like the company that would do it based on what they are already doing. GM is too scared to build anything that would steal sales away from their precious 50k+ sports cars. Chrysler is busy doing their own thing which I'm ok with lol. I'm tired of seeing all of these ugly crossovers. Its time for wagons to make a comeback. MAKE WAGONS GREAT AGAIN AMERICA!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Well GM is bringing a wagon and a sportback / liftback in the new Buick Regal, so...... there's that. I'd love to see a Ford Fusion Sportwagon. Just not sure if America is ready for it. Both Chrysler and GM has tried before with not too much success, Magnum and CTS, both dead even though sedan version lives on. Mazda tried too with the 6 wagon. You guys will laugh at me but I really liked my wife's Pontiac Vibe. Alot was due to the insanely good Toyota reliability, but the utility without the SUV tradeoffs was great. Seems to me the previous GEN Ford Focus wagon was pretty successful. Maybe there's hope Ford will be willing to try.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well GM is bringing a wagon and a sportback / liftback in the new Buick Regal, so...... there's that. I'd love to see a Ford Fusion Sportwagon. Just not sure if America is ready for it. Both Chrysler and GM has tried before with not too much success, Magnum and CTS, both dead even though sedan version lives on. Mazda tried too with the 6 wagon. You guys will laugh at me but I really liked my wife's Pontiac Vibe. Alot was due to the insanely good Toyota reliability, but the utility without the SUV tradeoffs was great. Seems to me the previous GEN Ford Focus wagon was pretty successful. Maybe there's hope Ford will be willing to try.
For something they only have to rebadge and put on a boat, you'd think this would be a low risk move for Ford. Only issue is they wouldnt be sports so wouldnt get my money.

Magnum and CTS didn't carry on as they were only offered in US. Fusion wagon is a global platform/offering. The beamer, merc and VW Jetta wagons dont do too bad. Not a million of them around but enough to still get imported. I actually got in the V90R and tried to make the numbers work at one stage. The extra 25k was impossible for me even taking into account how much i really wanted it. Shopped for SUVs but most are so top heavy it put me off.

No regrets on the FuSpo but exactly the same spec in a wagon is the perfect car ( balancing price, comfort, performance and looks)

Reactions: MattQ

·
Registered
624 Posts
For something they only have to rebadge and put on a boat, you'd think this would be a low risk move for Ford. Only issue is they wouldnt be sports so wouldnt get my money.

Magnum and CTS didn't carry on as they were only offered in US. Fusion wagon is a global platform/offering. The beamer, merc and VW Jetta wagons dont do too bad. Not a million of them around but enough to still get imported. I actually got in the V90R and tried to make the numbers work at one stage. The extra 25k was impossible for me even taking into account how much i really wanted it. Shopped for SUVs but most are so top heavy it put me off.

No regrets on the FuSpo but exactly the same spec in a wagon is the perfect car ( balancing price, comfort, performance and looks)
Agree that it helps a wagon to be global, as the global market likes wagons more than Americans. Even if Ford didn't want to import the wagon, they still already make the car so it's just a matter of sourcing the parts, small changes to the factory. Unlike GM and Chrysler they don't and won't have to spend the money to develop a new car. Advantage Ford. Then they can easily pop in the 2.7TT. :D

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not sure if it was mentioned, but I saw a pic with 3 pedals so we could also have a manual.
Europe, and in particular, UK still love their manuals and buy them over autos. General rule of thumb is to buy manuals with less than 2 litres. Most diesels are manual there too. Flip side in US. Miniority are ordering manuals to the point not cost effective for the manufacturers to build in US. If you want manual these days for your daily driver, the car will be imported in.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts