Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered the "Overview" kit in dark gray from this company for my Ruby Red Sport. Figured the dark gray would match the wheels and interior, as opposed to some unrelated color like white or silver. Going to have a tint company that did the windows on my Subaru SVX apply them. Should be a nice subtle way to break up all that Ruby Red, and it's got the beans to back them up!

https://autographicspro.3dcartstores.com/Fusion-2013--2017_c_83.html

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
I look forward to seeing what it looks like once you have it installed. Be sure to update this thread with pictures!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I think the white looks decent on the blue car, like in the thumbnail. Silver would look good too, but I didn't think either of those colors would work on Ruby Red. The dark gray should be less obvious, without taking away from the red color overall. Once I know the kit has been shipped, I'll make an appt to get it applied, and will try to remember to take some "before and after" pics! Should be another good way to distinguish the Sports from the other Fusion models. I've been noticing a LOT more Fusions on the road since I bought my Sport, but I haven't seen another Sport in the local area yet. Dead giveaway is the honeycomb grill on the front, and the dual exhaust tips on the rear. Other than that, all the Fusions pretty much look the same, so this graphic kit should make it stand out a little more from the non-Sport models. I'm hoping to get this graphic kit and the larger FMIC installed before I take it in for the first oil change in three weeks. It'll be interesting to see what the dealer says when I roll in there!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Curious, how will this vinyl hold up? If I'm running through a car wash a year after installing, it this thing going to suddenly rip off?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Curious, how will this vinyl hold up? If I'm running through a car wash a year after installing, it this thing going to suddenly rip off?
The 3M vinyl should hold up for 4 years or so depending on how its intalled, dry or wet. Owners need to realize that once the stripes start looking bad, youll have to replace them again or youll have to live with the ghost stripes where the vinyl was. The clear and paint will fade on the areas where no vinyl is installed, thus leaving the areas where the vinyl was a touch darker.
Of course if your only going to have the car a few years then go for it or buy 2 sets.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Nice. My tint shop doesn't wrap, so I have been limited.

Did you get a sample first? I have been trying to get a dark gray wrap to match the wheels to do the chrome, but none of the samples I've gotten seem to match. Both the dark gray and the gunmetal samples I got were lighter than the wheels and it stuck out. But that might be because I'm sandwhiching it between black rubber when I'm doing the chrome. Might not be as noticeably lighter if surrounded by ruby red.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Anyone added this on a white platinum? If so, what color?
I think the charcoal metallic or dark gray would look good against the white, depending on if the white is metallic or not...

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Did you ever post pics of your car with these installed? How's the quality? I like the white on blue. My car's blue.
Thought I did, maybe posted them somewhere else? But here are a few pics of the gray stripes on ruby red. The shop that installed them said they were top quality, should last several years on a car that's parked outside. Obviously, much longer for a car like mine that's garaged.

What was interesting was when I ordered the kit, they ask if the car has a rear spoiler, but not if it has a moonroof. Any competent tint / vinyl shop can trim around the moonroof, just thought it was funny they asked about the spoiler but not about the moonroof...

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
What was interesting was when I ordered the kit, they ask if the car has a rear spoiler, but not if it has a moonroof. Any competent tint / vinyl shop can trim around the moonroof, just thought it was funny they asked about the spoiler but not about the moonroof...

Looks good. They don't ask about the moonroof because to keep the graphic perfectly inline, you're supposed to apply it across the roof, then cut it. I used to install racing stripes and that's how we always do it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks good. They don't ask about the moonroof because to keep the graphic perfectly inline, you're supposed to apply it across the roof, then cut it. I used to install racing stripes and that's how we always do it.
Ah, that makes sense, since the roof is one continuous piece, unlike having a spoiler on the trunk, which would be two pieces...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think the charcoal metallic or dark gray would look good against the white, depending on if the white is metallic or not...
I have the metallic white and I was thinking the charcoal grey or a matte black to match my windows? I was also thinking about plastidipping my rims to black instead of the gray, Or keeping the gray and going with the gray stripe?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts