1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will scan the slips and a picture or 2 later today:

Fusion Sport 60ft 1.88 1/8 Mile 8.27 85.1mph 1/4 mile 12.88 105.9 mph
Edge Sport 60ft 1.94 1/8 Mile 8.67 80.3mph 1/4 mile 13.53 101.4 mph

We only did three runs - the fusion seemed to heat soak but was always less that 13
First time for the edge sport - learning curve with all wheel drive - so need to work on launch wheel hop etc plus is not broken in only 1600 miles -- but that is **** respectable for a car on the scale with driver that was over 4600 lbs

Both cars have Unleashed tunes with just air filters - there were some very surprised folks at NE Dragway today

The Fusion sport ran a 13.06 with the Livernois tune last Oct with colder air - it was nice today but over 70 on the track -

Both cars have more to give with practice -Getting a lot more tho will not happen with out different tires and maybe even a suspension mod

·
Registered
481 Posts
wow! very impressive!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I will scan the slips and a picture or 2 later today:

Fusion Sport 60ft 1.88 1/8 Mile 8.27 85.1mph 1/4 mile 12.88 105.9 mph
Edge Sport 60ft 1.94 1/8 Mile 8.67 80.3mph 1/4 mile 13.53 101.4 mph

We only did three runs - the fusion seemed to heat soak but was always less that 13
First time for the edge sport - learning curve with all wheel drive - so need to work on launch wheel hop etc plus is not broken in only 1600 miles -- but that is **** respectable for a car on the scale with driver that was over 4600 lbs

How many revisions on the Edge Sport? What gas was used for each vehicle and any weight reductions? 20 or 21's on the Edge?

Good run.

·
Registered
626 Posts
from first post

·
Registered
89 Posts
from first post

Shiz, sorry and thank you.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Nice work. Looking forward to seeing the time slips and reviewing the differences a little more.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Edge surprised me: I have a friend with a BMW X3 3.5 twin turbo with a tune - it is 300 lbs lighter than the edge and his best is 13.8 - But now that we know maybe couple of more runs then back to it's purpose hauling dogs and groceries!!

Attachments

·
Registered
481 Posts
Time slips and Car - Both cars were run with no weight delete - street tires - little over 1/4 tank of gas - Fusion launch about 2200 Edge about the same - need to lower launch on Edge - also need summer sticky tires for fusion should cut off about 3/10ths
are u gonna try a mild drag radial? or just some better summer tires?

·
Registered
80 Posts
The Edge surprised me: I have a friend with a BMW X3 3.5 twin turbo with a tune - it is 300 lbs lighter than the edge and his best is 13.8 - But now that we know maybe couple of more runs then back to it's purpose hauling dogs and groceries!!
The X3 3.5 is a I6 3.0L Twin Turbo, just an fyi. I know its a X3 3.5 in the name of the vehicle but its only a 3.0L. These things have run 13.9s stock @100mph. Should have run much better than that with a tune. Congrats on the runs, nice job.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The X3 had the tune installed by tuner motor sports - which I think is almost the same as the Dinan tune that BMW will install - That was last year and I do not remember that DA at the time he ran but he is going next week to run again so we shall see - if it is not to crowded we are going to try and
do a heads up run - I still will need to figure out how to launch the edge with 4 wheel drive - but should be fun - Think it will come down to RT and 60 ft

1 - 18 of 18 Posts