Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any aftermarket parts available yet? I'd love to find some CF door sills

·
Registered
331 Posts
Anyone found the factory wheels for possible replacements? I may or may not have curbed the **** out of one of my less-than-a-week-old wheels this morning...

·
Registered
529 Posts
Anyone found the factory wheels for possible replacements? I may or may not have curbed the **** out of one of my less-than-a-week-old wheels this morning...
:crying:... You should see where I park this car.... Away from curbs, and with at least 4-5 spots open around it... haha. I feel your pain.

To answer your question, you're probably going to have to get bent over at the dealer until some of these start hitting junkyards.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I love watching "Wheeler Dealers" tv show where they redo used cars for resale and they are always refreshing scratched and ground up wheels. Turns out when I googled wheel refinishing several local businesses popped up that will redo car rims. Worth checking out in your area.

Ken

·
Registered
331 Posts
:crying:... You should see where I park this car.... Away from curbs, and with at least 4-5 spots open around it... haha. I feel your pain.

To answer your question, you're probably going to have to get bent over at the dealer until some of these start hitting junkyards.
Yeah, I posted in the "What did you do to your" thread a bit earlier. The dealership near me couldn't even pull up any parts by the VIN. I ended up emailing pictures of the wheels to see if they matched any on his screen. He found the match, but had no price - he called Ford and apparently the wheels brand new are $859 a piece... You can do a core exchange for $50 though. :laugh:

I love watching "Wheeler Dealers" tv show where they redo used cars for resale and they are always refreshing scratched and ground up wheels. Turns out when I googled wheel refinishing several local businesses popped up that will redo car rims. Worth checking out in your area.

Ken
Yeah, I've already been in touch with one that I've come in contact with through a relative. He's going to repair it on Monday for what I would consider a SUPER reasonable cost. Just hope the painting and blending comes out as good as the factory look did.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yeah, I posted in the "What did you do to your" thread a bit earlier. The dealership near me couldn't even pull up any parts by the VIN. I ended up emailing pictures of the wheels to see if they matched any on his screen. He found the match, but had no price - he called Ford and apparently the wheels brand new are $859 a piece... You can do a core exchange for $50 though. :laugh:

Yeah, I've already been in touch with one that I've come in contact with through a relative. He's going to repair it on Monday for what I would consider a SUPER reasonable cost. Just hope the painting and blending comes out as good as the factory look did.
That was my worry on my Dart, they said they'd have difficulty matching the color. Nice rims love curbs :(

·
Registered
331 Posts
That was my worry on my Dart, they said they'd have difficulty matching the color. Nice rims love curbs :(
That was my number one concern, he says he has every color manufacturers use. He does work for the BMW dealership my uncle works at, I spoke with my uncle, he said he does good work. I'll find out Monday and post some pics.

·
Registered
13 Posts
They're available after the fact.They say it's a dealer install. I wonder how tough it is
Lol. I thinks it is quite a tough install. My dealer told me the car would be ready in a couple of hours (install time) It actually had a loaner (16 Taurus) for a day and a half, while they pulled the wiring through. On the bright side, I now know that the fusion is very nimble compared to the Taurus.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Did any of you guys order the 3m protection for the car? It says it's a dealer installed option, which I'm hoping it's not. I had this done to my wife's Grand Cherokee after we bought it, and it was a real pain in the butt for the guy who did it for me. It took him three times to get it on correctly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Lol. I thinks it is quite a tough install. My dealer told me the car would be ready in a couple of hours (install time) It actually had a loaner (16 Taurus) for a day and a half, while they pulled the wiring through. On the bright side, I now know that the fusion is very nimble compared to the Taurus.

I read somewhere that the install was not that difficult because they plug into a wiring harness that is already behind the trim next to the dash. I installed the Ford Racing ones in my Mustang and it had step by step instructions to remove all the trim for the install. I'm planning on attempting the install myself. Just hate the thought of paying the dealer for something I can do myself.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I have the illuminated door sills in mine, and they are quite sharp. They illuminate a soft blue at night.
I ordered them with my build. Can't wait

·
Registered
868 Posts
Did any of you guys order the 3m protection for the car? It says it's a dealer installed option, which I'm hoping it's not. I had this done to my wife's Grand Cherokee after we bought it, and it was a real pain in the butt for the guy who did it for me. It took him three times to get it on correctly.
I didn't order it, but it came installed on my car. So it was a dealer installed deal in my case at least.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I'm almost positive mine came from the factory with it. I think it listed as $295. I haven't noticed it too much, which probably is a good thing. My finger nail has caught it once or twice when opening the door. There is a small piece behind the handle. My strip on the hood doesn't wrap around the lip of the hood like it does on the doors, just starts about 1/4 inch from bottom for about 8 inches. Wish it did. I may still not have noticed all of it's locations. Time will tell if it was worth it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I was waiting for my shadow black fusion when my dealer called and said there was a platinum white available but had the 3m protection. Out of curiosity, i drove to that dealership and what a disappointment that film is.... I was walking towards the car and was able to clearly see the hood film from 50 feet away. When i got closer, the ridge of the film had already started to show dirt accumulation..

I passed and waited for my shadow black..

·
Registered
188 Posts
I was waiting for my shadow black fusion when my dealer called and said there was a platinum white available but had the 3m protection. Out of curiosity, i drove to that dealership and what a disappointment that film is.... I was walking towards the car and was able to clearly see the hood film from 50 feet away. When i got closer, the ridge of the film had already started to show dirt accumulation..

I passed and waited for my shadow black..

That is exactly why I'm against partial wraps completely. If you didn't see it from brand new, give it a few months and it'll be evident.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts