Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today is the first day I drove without my radio on...long ass weekend haha. I noticed at low speeds a ticking/knocking noise? It did it whether I was accelerating or slowing down. Very weird, I have been in the service side of the automotive business for quite some time and never herd anything like this. I may be overreacting but it sounds different to me. If any of you have experience with ford the input would help. I haven't brought it into my shop yet to make sure everything is tight but it's a very low faint knock.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ticking common in direct injection systems. Google: direct injection ticking to learn more.
Trust me, I get plenty of that out of GM. this isn't that. You can't hear a thing at idle and it's not coming from the valves because that was my first thought.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I've heard a what I would call "fluttering" noise under just the slightest throttle. I feel like it is the HPFP as well as a best guess. My A4 did that as well.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
at idle and very light throttle, usually when the engine is cold, i can hear that fluttery sound as well. I attribute it to the noise cancellation acting funny.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts